User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User billford
(elder) Thu 07-Sep-17 07:51:38
Print Post

Re: BT Keep Calling about Infinity

[re: annie96] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by annie96:
But I'm asking Cavillas specifically because HE is the one experiencing it & HE says he is with IDnet
Your reply was to a post made in 2011, and Alf hasn't posted on tbb since February 2014, so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a reply tongue

I've been with IDNet for over 10 years, I can't remember them ever cold-calling me.

eta- you definitely won't get a reply...
I've just received the sad news that Alf (cavillas) passed away on Friday, after a long illness.
You won't be able to read it unless you're a forum member, it's dated Jul 06, 2015 frown

Bill
A level playing field is level in both directions.

_______________________________________Planes and Boats and ... ______________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6

Edited by billford (Thu 07-Sep-17 08:52:54)

Standard User Realalemadrid
(member) Thu 07-Sep-17 08:00:01
Print Post

Do you realise you have replied to a thread that is over 6 years old so will be unlikely to get a response. He was with IDNET at the time but did not say that they had cold called him.
Standard User Tacitus
(experienced) Thu 07-Sep-17 18:35:25
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

I don't come here as often as I used to so I missed that.

Very sad, as Alf was always one of the regular posters back when I joined 'netters' some 9 years ago.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User annie96
(member) Fri 08-Sep-17 13:22:33
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by billford:
But I'm asking Cavillas specifically because HE is the one experiencing it & HE says he is with IDnet
Your reply was to a post made in 2011, and Alf hasn't posted on tbb since February 2014, so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a reply tongue

I've been with IDNet for over 10 years, I can't remember them ever cold-calling me.

eta- you definitely won't get a reply...
I've just received the sad news that Alf (cavillas) passed away on Friday, after a long illness.
You won't be able to read it unless you're a forum member, it's dated Jul 06, 2015 frown

Blimey I am so sorry! It's the top thread in the forum so I didn't look at dates.

EVERYBODY I am suitably shamefaced frown

Why does no one post in this forum then are IDnet to be avoided? Drat!
Standard User billford
(elder) Fri 08-Sep-17 15:13:02
Print Post

are IDnet to be avoided? Drat!
Far from it, they're very good. But they don't go for a mass-market, they're more of a niche provider. The niche being those who are more interested in the overall quality of the product than how much they have to pay for it- they're not cheap.

Remember the guide about what to look for in an ISP:

1) Fast, reliable connection
2) Good customer service
3) Low price

Choose any two.

Bill
A level playing field is level in both directions.

_______________________________________Planes and Boats and ... ______________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 08-Sep-17 15:14:03
Print Post

When a provider is fairly small and services generally work then people tend not to post most...

The classic you will only hear the bad news stories rather than all those happy with their lot

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to