User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Seadog
(regular) Sat 28-May-11 17:11:00
Print Post

BT Keep Calling about Infinity

[link to this post]

Are people with IDNet FTTC still getting call's from India trying to sell them Infinity?? What is up with these people. Every week I seem to be getting a call from either BT or Opal ex Nildram who I left 18 Months ago before going to Be. They always call at the most inappropriate time, usually I'm on the Loo or Tea Break, have some respect !!!!

For goodness sake BT and Opal, please get your act together smile
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 28-May-11 17:28:22
Print Post

Re: BT Keep Calling about Infinity

[re: Seadog] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Seadog:
usually I'm on the Loo or Tea Break, have some respect !!!!

For goodness sake BT and Opal, please get your act together smile
Your problem is because tea is a diuretic.

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 28-May-11 17:31:19
Print Post

I've had two or three. The latest one even confirmed she could see I was on FTTC after I pointed it out. Go figure! Number of calls made per hour is perhaps important, as one to someone already on FTTC will usually be shorter than one where the sales script has to be read through.

Though - is this the best forum to put the exhortation? smile

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Seadog
(regular) Sat 28-May-11 17:40:14
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Though - is this the best forum to put the exhortation? smile

Sorry boring afternoon and got kicked out of the kitchen
Moderator billford
(moderator) Sun 29-May-11 17:56:13
Print Post

I've never yet had phone calls (fingers crossed) but I still get mailshots (personally addressed, not "To the occupier").

Had one yesterday offering, in large type: "You could enjoy THREE times faster broadband..."

It's a pity these offers aren't legally enforceable, I wouldn't mind getting 100Mbps smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com _______________Planes and Cars and ..._______________BQM & Speed
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Sun 29-May-11 18:27:57
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by billford:
It's a pity these offers aren't legally enforceable, I wouldn't mind getting 100Mbps smile

I get "To the occupier" from Virgin Media (as there was cable here) advertising 100 Mbps.... of course at a cost, and with no static IP and apparently quite a large amount of jitter making VoIP hard.

James - be* pro - on THFB - sync about 17.2mbps - BQM
Moderator billford
(moderator) Sun 29-May-11 18:33:52
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

My road has cable so I get those too... I don't know the details of what they're offering as they go (unopened) into the recycling bin!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com _______________Planes and Cars and ..._______________BQM & Speed
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User AuraIndigo
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 30-May-11 11:02:02
Print Post

Worth a shot: http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/
Standard User JNeuhoff
(committed) Mon 30-May-11 11:13:40
Print Post

[re: AuraIndigo] [link to this post]

TPS is pretty useless. All our lines are registered with them, makes no difference, telecom companies don't seem to respect them.

J.Neuhoff - MHC Web Design
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 30-May-11 11:29:40
Print Post

[re: JNeuhoff] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by JNeuhoff:
TPS is pretty useless. All our lines are registered with them, makes no difference, telecom cold call companies don't seem to respect them.
In particular though, if someone's phone line is on BT rental then the TPS doesn't apply to them.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Mon 30-May-11 12:46:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
if someone's phone line is on BT rental then the TPS doesn't apply to them.
Eh? BT even offer TPS as part of BT Privacy at Home. TPS works for me.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 30-May-11 13:27:02
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

It doesn't apply to companies of which you are a customer. Though many have opt-outs from marketing and "other information which you may find useful blah blah etc. etc".

You may have noticed that many of the opt-out/ins don't mention the company itself though. Only subsidiaries/associated and so on.

The main ignorers these days seem to be the "your computer has a virus" type. Others are fairly rare but not absent.

Standard User cavillas
(knowledge is power) Mon 30-May-11 14:17:10
Print Post

I have had a few calls from companies that I am a customer of. I politely tell themnot to call in future and ask for their line manager, I take a recording and finally state any more calls and I will take my business elsewher. This always stops the calls, permanently.

Alf
------------------------------------
smile IDNET Happiness Online smile
I am in no way employed or connected with IDnet other than as a customer.

Idnetters Official Forums

There are 11 kinds of people, those who understand binary, those who don't and those who don't care.
Standard User Techworld
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 15-Jun-11 19:09:49
Print Post

[re: cavillas] [link to this post]

That's a bit harsh tbh, these people are only trying to earn their crust..

Standard User cavillas
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Jun-11 20:02:12
Print Post

[re: Techworld] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Techworld:
That's a bit harsh tbh, these people are only trying to earn their crust..

But they are not entitled to call me unannounced at times that are inconvenient for me, they are invading my privacy and I will answer them as I please in my own home, they are uninvited and unwelcome, I do the same to anyone who calls at the door as well. If I want a service or wish to buy something then I set the process up no one else.

Alf

There are 11 kinds of people, those who understand binary, those who don't and those who don't care.
Standard User Techworld
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 15-Jun-11 21:11:53
Print Post

Fred, would you rather see these people unemployed and swallowing up your taxes instead?

Standard User cavillas
(knowledge is power) Fri 17-Jun-11 16:50:14
Print Post

[re: Techworld] [link to this post]

Fred, would you rather see these people unemployed and swallowing up your taxes instead?

Who's Fred? I am retired and I still don't need people pestering me day and night on the phone trying to sell me things I don't want, need or can afford. If I need anything I go and buy it on my own terms. No one worried about me being out of work because comapnies went out of business and they didn't care if they never bought anything of me as a milkman relying on commission, so I don't worry about the problems of people trying to make a living by annoying me and causing me inconveniance in MY OWN home.

Alf

Standard User annie96
(member) Wed 06-Sep-17 07:21:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by cavillas:

Who's Fred? I am retired and I still don't need people pestering me day and night on the phone trying to sell me things I don't want, need or can afford. If I need anything I go and buy it on my own terms. No one worried about me being out of work because comapnies went out of business and they didn't care if they never bought anything of me as a milkman relying on commission, so I don't worry about the problems of people trying to make a living by annoying me and causing me inconveniance in MY OWN home.

I agree with every single word. My home should be my sanctuary.

May I ask is one of the companies that has done this to you IDnet? Because I need to switch providers.

PS I also now have a no zendesk policy.Any company that sends their stuff through them & stores my info (including phone call recordings) in the USA with them. I stop using.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Broadband & Static IP
Standard User Tacitus
(experienced) Wed 06-Sep-17 18:33:44
Print Post

[re: annie96] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by annie96:
May I ask is one of the companies that has done this to you IDnet? Because I need to switch providers.
iDNet are unlikely to be involved in cold calling. More likely is that the call centre doing it has a list of numbers and they go through them one by one. The fact they're based in India means they're immune to the caller preference service.

Also if they're using VOIP it's relatively easy to spoof a number such that it appears to originate within the UK despite the call centre being based in India or just about anywhere.

Edited by Tacitus (Wed 06-Sep-17 18:36:14)

Standard User annie96
(member) Thu 07-Sep-17 06:18:17
Print Post

iDNet are unlikely to be involved in cold calling.

Yeah thanks smile
But I'm asking Cavillas specifically because HE is the one experiencing it & HE says he is with IDnet

Originally written by Cavillas

But they are not entitled to call me unannounced at times that are inconvenient for me, they are invading my privacy and I will answer them as I please in my own home, they are uninvited and unwelcome, I do the same to anyone who calls at the door as well. If I want a service or wish to buy something then I set the process up no one else.
Standard User billford
(elder) Thu 07-Sep-17 07:51:38
Print Post

But I'm asking Cavillas specifically because HE is the one experiencing it & HE says he is with IDnet
Your reply was to a post made in 2011, and Alf hasn't posted on tbb since February 2014, so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a reply tongue

I've been with IDNet for over 10 years, I can't remember them ever cold-calling me.

eta- you definitely won't get a reply...
I've just received the sad news that Alf (cavillas) passed away on Friday, after a long illness.
You won't be able to read it unless you're a forum member, it's dated Jul 06, 2015 frown

Bill
A level playing field is level in both directions.

_______________________________________Planes and Boats and ... ______________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6

Edited by billford (Thu 07-Sep-17 08:52:54)

Standard User Realalemadrid
(member) Thu 07-Sep-17 08:00:01
Print Post

Do you realise you have replied to a thread that is over 6 years old so will be unlikely to get a response. He was with IDNET at the time but did not say that they had cold called him.
Standard User Tacitus
(experienced) Thu 07-Sep-17 18:35:25
Print Post

I don't come here as often as I used to so I missed that.

Very sad, as Alf was always one of the regular posters back when I joined 'netters' some 9 years ago.
Standard User annie96
(member) Fri 08-Sep-17 13:22:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by billford:
Your reply was to a post made in 2011, and Alf hasn't posted on tbb since February 2014, so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a reply tongue

I've been with IDNet for over 10 years, I can't remember them ever cold-calling me.

eta- you definitely won't get a reply...
I've just received the sad news that Alf (cavillas) passed away on Friday, after a long illness.
You won't be able to read it unless you're a forum member, it's dated Jul 06, 2015 frown

Blimey I am so sorry! It's the top thread in the forum so I didn't look at dates.

EVERYBODY I am suitably shamefaced frown

Why does no one post in this forum then are IDnet to be avoided? Drat!
Standard User billford
(elder) Fri 08-Sep-17 15:13:02
Print Post

are IDnet to be avoided? Drat!
Far from it, they're very good. But they don't go for a mass-market, they're more of a niche provider. The niche being those who are more interested in the overall quality of the product than how much they have to pay for it- they're not cheap.

Remember the guide about what to look for in an ISP:

1) Fast, reliable connection
2) Good customer service
3) Low price

Choose any two.

Bill
A level playing field is level in both directions.

_______________________________________Planes and Boats and ... ______________BQMs: IPv4 IPv6
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 08-Sep-17 15:14:03
Print Post

When a provider is fairly small and services generally work then people tend not to post most...

The classic you will only hear the bad news stories rather than all those happy with their lot

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to