User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Going_Digital
(knowledge is power) Thu 21-Jul-11 23:15:51
Print Post

VDSL Upgrade to 80Mb

[link to this post]

I am interested in switching a couple of lines to IDNet for FTTC but am wondering if IDNet will be automatically enabling the 80/20 profile for all FTTC customers ? Apparently BT Retail products will be updated but I am concerned that some other ISP's will see it as an opportunity to charge extra.

adslnation - The Broadband Experts.
http://www.adslnation.com
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 21-Jul-11 23:23:42
Print Post

Re: VDSL Upgrade to 80Mb

[re: Going_Digital] [link to this post]

This post indicates that it won't be automatic, but an extra-cost option.

If BT charge the ISPs extra for it, I imagine the cost will be passed on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com _______________Planes and Boats and ... [New]_______________BQMs: IPv4, IPv6 & Speeds
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 22-Jul-11 09:05:25
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Is there anything to that post indicating it isn't just someone's opinion? Of such are "internet facts" born, once people start referencing them. Your post will be googled, linked and repeated, without the original link, and will therefore gain perceived veracity.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Moderator billford
(moderator) Fri 22-Jul-11 10:33:53
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Your post will be googled, linked and repeated, without the original link, and will therefore gain perceived veracity.
As will most of the posts on tbb, including yours and the one I linked to- you shouldn't necessarily believe everything you read on the internet tongue

Without reasonably authoratitive links almost everything on bbs's like this is someone's opinion, but in this case I think it more likely that BT will charge for the 80Mbps upgrade than they are to give it away for free.

Where the independent ISPs are concerned anyway, Infinity may be a different matter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com _______________Planes and Boats and ... [New]_______________BQMs: IPv4, IPv6 & Speeds
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to