User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ou7shined
(newbie) Sat 23-Jul-11 09:47:35
Print Post

I was just wondering...

[link to this post]

... can I get my money back please?

Hi guys long time no see.

As some of the old guard may remember, after many years loyalty to IDNet, a couple of months ago I jumped ship to Be Un Limited as IDNet was no longer able to provide me with a stable connection. Turned out to be a smart move as I've not had any issues whatsoever since the (initially) reluctant move.

Anyway, as a parting gift, IDNet took an extra months payment from me after I had used my MAC code (naughty naughty). I contacted CS about this and a nice yet rather bored sounding chap recognised the error and assured me that my account would be refunded within 2 working days. A month passed and my refund failed to materialise, so I phoned CS once again and this time spoke to a nice lady who told me that according to "the system" a cheque had been sent out to me but they would send another one regardless. Again, almost another month later and still no money.

If someone from IDNet sees this, could they please pick this up for me.
Also, seeing as issuing a cheque seems to be causing a problem down at IDNet Towers, could I please just have my money back in a more 21st century form - bank transfer or even paypal? It is simpler, quicker and is far more convenient for me too as I live out of town and rarely (if ever) go to the bank.

I'm sorry to have to come here to do this but as was my experience when I was a customer, just because you get to speak to a lovely IDNet CS person straight away, it doesn't necessarily mean that you get the job done satisfactorily ... posting it publicly however, more often than not seemed to grab the attention of someone (usually Simon) who will endeavour to help asap.

Cheers.
Rich.
Standard User rikbean
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 23-Jul-11 09:56:39
Print Post

Re: I was just wondering...

[re: ou7shined] [link to this post]

Both Simon & Tim are on holiday right now, so I think your best course of action, unfortunately, is to call CS again.

Rik
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 23-Jul-11 11:06:33
Print Post

[re: rikbean] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by rikbean:
Both Simon & Tim are on holiday right now, so I think your best course of action, unfortunately, is to call CS again.
Maybe they over-rode the cheque payees and bought drinks with them on holiday.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ou7shined
(newbie) Sat 23-Jul-11 11:12:45
Print Post

Hi Rik. How've you been mate?

If that's the case I'd rather wait until they get back then.

You have no idea how much pleasure it fills me with, imagining them sipping Martinis by golden sands on my dollar. laugh
Standard User ou7shined
(newbie) Sat 23-Jul-11 11:14:52
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Maybe they over-rode the cheque payees and bought drinks with them on holiday.
Haha great minds eh. laugh
Standard User rikbean
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 23-Jul-11 11:46:52
Print Post

[re: ou7shined] [link to this post]

I'm fine, thanks. smile I just wouldn't advise you to rely on them picking up this thread here.

Rik
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 23-Jul-11 15:22:57
Print Post

"Here"? You with them? tongue

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User rikbean
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 23-Jul-11 15:32:50
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I wish. smile

Rik
ISP Representative simon_idnet
(isp) Mon 25-Jul-11 21:53:19
Print Post

Hi Rich

Of course you can have your money back. As you know, your contact was a rolling 30-day term and any fully unused months will be refunded.
Your regulary monthly payment was collected because we didn't know that you had used your MAC code - did you tell us?
Your refund failed because you had cancelled the Direct Debit.
We cannot do a BACS payment because your bank account details are deleted when we closed your account.
I'm afraid that we don't have a PayPal account.
A cheque has been sent to you. Once we get confirmation from our bank that it has not been cashed then we will put a Stop on it and send you another new one. This will take another week.

Regards
Simon
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to