User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User woppy1010
(newbie) Sun 02-Oct-11 22:25:30
Print Post

Terrible service from idnet

[link to this post]

I think I will be leaving idnet tomorrow morning,EIGHT re-syncs in one day on the last day of the training period(around 40-50 over the ten days) and to still be told "lines degrade over time and your getting 1.5mb which is what bt says you can get so tough" even though i had a stable 3200kbps before i joined is not good enough!!

I have had 30 days of hell with idnet,3 restarted training periods yet they still won't admit there is a line fault, once again I get the lines degrade over time remark, all this for the princely sum of £35 a month what a bargain!

I really really wish I had stayed where I was or gone to Zen or aaisp
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sun 02-Oct-11 23:13:19
Print Post

Re: Terrible service from idnet

[re: woppy1010] [link to this post]

If you are sure the router is working OK (connect by wire to the PC to eliminate Wi-Fi issues) and the fact the DS attenuation connection is quite high, then it might be time to go to AAISP (for a short while) if IDNet can't get BT to sort out the line problem if that is what it is, assuming the problem still exists after you connect the router to the TEST socket within the BT master-socket.

/it's getting late smile

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User woppy1010
(newbie) Mon 03-Oct-11 08:50:21
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

i ahve tried 3 diffrent routers with no change im also using an adsl nation filterd face plate

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative simon_idnet
(isp) Mon 03-Oct-11 09:22:27
Print Post

We can see that your router has been continuously connected since 18:09 on Saturday 1st. That your router is reporting otherwise is a cause for concern. Are all 3 routers that you've tried so far the same age/model etc?

Something is using your bandwidth and has been overnight. Significantly, your upstream bandwidth usage is higher than your downstream. This would indicate P2P or a virus that is sending out spam.
Simon
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User cavillas
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Oct-11 10:00:16
Print Post

I think the service you have recieved from Idnet has been exemplary, the problem is always BT to Isp communication. From your history with this connection there is obviously something wrong between your socket and the exchange and as with most people it all depends on BT. If, as Simon says, you have been connected since the 1st and there has been lots of upstream traffic then it is time to check out whether anyone is connecting wirelessly to your router(s) or has even attacked them somehow (not impossible).

Alf
------------------------------------
smile IDNET Happiness Online smile
I am in no way employed or connected with IDnet other than as a customer.

There are 11 kinds of people, those who understand binary, those who don't and those who don't care.
Standard User woppy1010
(newbie) Mon 03-Oct-11 12:42:48
Print Post

[re: simon_idnet] [link to this post]

i have tried 2 2700hgv's an 834gt an 834g v3 and a billion 7800n
Standard User sobranie
(experienced) Mon 03-Oct-11 16:40:34
Print Post

Time to post your p2p findings mate,!!!
Standard User woppy1010
(newbie) Mon 03-Oct-11 17:31:16
Print Post

[re: sobranie] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sobranie:
Time to post your p2p findings mate,!!!

yes i found my wife hadnt closed down my laptop proplely so utorrent was running but that still doesnt explain the disconects
ISP Representative simon_idnet
(isp) Tue 04-Oct-11 21:08:56
Print Post

Update: we sent an engineer out today who has swapped the old, degraded line for a new pair which seems to be holding out much better.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User woppy1010
(newbie) Wed 05-Oct-11 07:30:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by simon_idnet:
Update: we sent an engineer out today who has swapped the old, degraded line for a new pair which seems to be holding out much better.

Yes the engineer was outstanding he spent an hour and a half looking for the best most stable pair for my line,he found a 2 mb connection for me then spent another half an hour looking for a faster pair.in the end I got an initial sync of 4032kbps and seems to have levelled at3296kbps
  Print Thread

Jump to