User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User kage
(newbie) Wed 05-Oct-11 21:29:10
Print Post

Outstanding Service

[link to this post]

At the weekend, my SNR jumped from 6 to 27 db and my connection speed dropped from 6600 to 3200. I knew that my exchange was due to be upgraded to 21CN at the end of October so figured BT had been in the exchange and upset things. Rang IDNET and was told that the exchange was now functional on 21CN. Asked IDNET to up grade me. Confirmed it in an email and 20 mins later had been upgraded. No fuss, No bother, just good service. Many thanks Simon
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 05-Oct-11 23:50:16
Print Post

Re: Outstanding Service

[re: kage] [link to this post]

And the connection speed is now?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User kage
(newbie) Thu 06-Oct-11 09:38:07
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Day 2 of 10 day training period and I have 9812

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 06-Oct-11 10:11:55
Print Post

That's good, from a previous 6600 smile. Almost as though something was holding you down before smile.

In fact, have you ever tried connecting through the test socket inside the master socket, using just the short ADSL cable and a filter, instead of the external socket or on an extension? If not, I suggest you try it after the end of the 10 days.

The figures you give suggest to me that more is available. Any chance you can post the full router stats to see if I'm talking rubbish, as I'm guessing your attenuation is under 40dB?

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

Standard User kage
(newbie) Thu 06-Oct-11 11:52:47
Print Post

My router (draytek 2820vn) is about a foot from the filtered faceplate on the main socket connected by a shielded cat5 cable I made up. (its what I do for a living - I install networks)
Router stats
DS ATT 29
SNR 6
Interleave is on but I think I will try to get it removed if its still there after training
I am 1.7km from the exchange (2.2km line length)
hoping for around 16000 after training period.

Steve
Started life on CPM and Fortran !
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 06-Oct-11 13:06:47
Print Post

I suggest you try the test socket. And without doubting your abilities, we can all make a dodgy joint, so try a standard supplied cable.

The training period on BT based systems does not improve the speed over time. It merely sets the MSR and FTR.

As you say, 16Mbps is nearer the mark, though maybe a bit ambitious. You should have been on at least 7500 if not the full 7616/8128 on ADSL.

Standard User kage
(newbie) Thu 06-Oct-11 14:32:12
Print Post

changed the router to draytek 2830 now 14934. thats nearer the mark.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 06-Oct-11 15:30:13
Print Post

That looks more sensible smile.

Your 10-day training is screwed though. The MSR and FTR will be far too low. Not that BT Wholesale seem to take any notice of them any more.

Print Thread

Jump to