User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User doogstoos
(newbie) Sun 23-Oct-11 19:05:50
Print Post

ADSL+ constant DCs

[link to this post]

Been with IDNET now for years, and really cant fault them

However, recently upgraded to their 24mb line. SInce then, ive had pretty much constant DCs. Tried new routers, cables, and am now plugged into the master socket. The master socket thing has helped a bit, but still get DCs every 20-30 mins or so, usually for a minute max. Also, I get DC whenever my landline is in use.

Needless to say it's very frustrating. Been on the phone to them, and they have run through the usual i.e. diff router etc, but the landline DCs would seem to suggest that there's a problem with the wiring ? However, am loathe to get the BT engineer out as I dont want to be stung for £100+

Im tempted to go back to my old 8mb line, but feel as a long time customer, I really would pref not to, esp as im limited to 30gb peak dl allowance.

Any help guys? Any suggestions?
Standard User cavillas
(knowledge is power) Mon 24-Oct-11 09:43:11
Print Post

Re: ADSL+ constant DCs

[re: doogstoos] [link to this post]

Have you tried Idnetters Forum

Lots of help, adviceand support there for Idnet customers and anyone else iof they need it.

Alf
------------------------------------
smile IDNET Happiness Online smile
I am in no way employed or connected with IDnet other than as a customer.

There are 11 kinds of people, those who understand binary, those who don't and those who don't care.
Standard User rikbean
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 24-Oct-11 11:57:51
Print Post

Re: ADSL+ constant DCs

[re: doogstoos] [link to this post]

The first thing to try, if you haven't already, is a new filter. ADSL2+ uses a wider frequency range, so your filter may not be adequate. Do you have a test socket, ie can you remove the bottom part of the faceplate on the master socket? If so, do that and connect to the test socket which will be revealed. If that cures the problem, then your internal phone wiring is to blame.

If you get a BT engineer out, and a fault is found on your side of the test socket, you are looking at a bill of £200+ these days. frown

If you do revert to an 8M service, the line is simply remodulated to use the narrower spectrum of tones, and you will keep your higher download allowance.

Rik

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to