User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tehidyman
(learned) Wed 09-Nov-11 08:57:33
Print Post

BT 88.2% profile as managed by IDNet

[link to this post]

Since BT's new profile system was rolled out can any IDNet customers report how it is working after changes in sync- How quickly does the download speed actually change? -both up and down. TIA
Standard User rikbean
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 09-Nov-11 11:04:23
Print Post

Re: BT 88.2% profile as managed by IDNet

[re: tehidyman] [link to this post]

Mine jumped as soon as the profile system was rolled out, I've had no changes since.

Rik
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 04-Sep-12 02:35:03
Print Post

[re: rikbean] [link to this post]

i believe the bt ip profile of 88.23% is instant but the idnet ip profile might not be updated after 72 hours like plusnet did too. not sure.

plusnetADSL2+16.4 Meg
My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by adslmax (Tue 04-Sep-12 02:35:40)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 04-Sep-12 08:51:36
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Max - you seem to be having a couple of bad days in your thinking!

First - the OP's question was answered by the poster you just replied to, and gave an answer which makes your post obvious tripe, and second the thread ended nearly a year ago.

Not only is your point about copy IP Profiles doubtful, no ISP, even those known to be running such a system, has a 72 hour delay built in. You are thinking of the BT Profiling system that was replaced in August 2008 anyway. That was the end of the 72 hour wait version.

The one that followed it has/had a variable wait of between four hours and five days, depending on the scale of the sync change. You are correct about the 88.23% version changing immediately, but where did your unsureness creep in? You stated it as a fact yesterday.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.0/13.9Mbps @ 600m.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User adslmax
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Dec-12 16:42:47
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Well I still knowing that BT 21CN 88.23% profile rate up and down are instant but the BT System of profile is not updated onto many isp's until 72 hours to match BT profile rate at the isp's end.

plusnetADSL2+15.7 Meg

Edited by adslmax (Sat 15-Dec-12 16:43:38)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 15-Dec-12 16:56:15
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
Well I still knowing incorrectly think that BT 21CN 88.23% profile rate up and down are instant but the BT System of profile is not updated onto many isp's until 72 hours to match BT profile rate at the isp's end.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Uilebheist
(legend) Sat 15-Dec-12 20:00:00
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thank you for the translation into English. I often struggle to understand Max's posts.
  Print Thread

Jump to