User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Uzi
(learned) Mon 09-Apr-12 13:06:31
Print Post

Is it time to move?

[link to this post]

IDNET has been great for a few years. Great connection and customer service. But with the Family discovering Netflix their package is proving to no longer be fit for purpose. Zen has just doubled their bandwidth and seem to be a good fit for me now. Would be the same price probably too. So. Any reason not to move?
Thanks, Uzi.
Moderator billford
(moderator) Mon 09-Apr-12 15:18:51
Print Post

Re: Is it time to move?

[re: Uzi] [link to this post]

As you say, IDNet is a very good ISP.

Look at it this way- if you were starting now, looking for an ISP to suit your current or anticipated requirements, would you choose IDNet? (Or any other ISP). If the answer is "no" then look elsewhere.

Bill
bill@thinkbroadband.com __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 10-Apr-12 13:43:49
Print Post

My solution was to get a second line installed, leaving the good provider for the latency sensitive stuff, and big downloads/streams on a cheap unlimited service.

or put another way get yourself a Dad connection, and a family one.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Moderator billford
(moderator) Tue 10-Apr-12 17:18:16
Print Post

Following on from MrSaffron's suggestion, this might be of interest:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/post-office-currentl...

Bill
bill@thinkbroadband.com __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User peewee
(committed) Mon 23-Apr-12 13:07:22
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

I recently left IDNet and moved to a Sky LLU connection but ONLY when Sky became the first unbundled provider on my exchange. Up to that point, only a decent ISP like IDNet were capable of providing a decent quality connection. Towards the end however, and like you, the download limit issue was getting serious and I had been contemplting a second line as suggested.

Whatever you do, dont move into anything more than a monthly contract just in case.
  Print Thread

Jump to