User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User doogstoos
(newbie) Sun 10-Jun-12 16:20:02
Print Post

after 8 years+ Im off

[link to this post]

Been with IDNET for many years and have encouraged others to use them. I never minded the higher charges as the line was reliable. However, my service has become very poor over the year or so. Ive noticed BIG DL speed differences depending on time of day with slower speeds at night. Not most of the time, but enough to make me question paying more. Ive also found support very lacking. Cursory emails, poor advice etc outside of conventional opening hours etc. The 50gb onpeak limit is also rather stingy.

I asked for my MAC code the other day, no attempt to follow up to try and keep my custom, and this is after years as a customer. Off to Zen. Hopefully more reliable speeds, service and 100gb. bye bye idnet.
Standard User AbiNormal
(newbie) Sun 10-Jun-12 17:45:51
Print Post

Re: after 8 years+ Im off

[re: doogstoos] [link to this post]

Me too, but I've switched to BT Infinity option 2. Twice the speed, half the cost (was on Business Lite with IdNet) and no download cap (other than throttling P2P). For that sort of improvement to spec and cost I'll put up with the fact that it's BT.
ISP Representative simon_idnet
(isp) Mon 11-Jun-12 16:40:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by doogstoos:
Been with IDNET for many years and have encouraged others to use them. I never minded the higher charges as the line was reliable. However, my service has become very poor over the year or so. Ive noticed BIG DL speed differences depending on time of day with slower speeds at night. Not most of the time, but enough to make me question paying more. Ive also found support very lacking. Cursory emails, poor advice etc outside of conventional opening hours etc. The 50gb onpeak limit is also rather stingy.

I asked for my MAC code the other day, no attempt to follow up to try and keep my custom, and this is after years as a customer. Off to Zen. Hopefully more reliable speeds, service and 100gb. bye bye idnet.

We've not had any other reports of speed slow downs. Would you like us to investigate your line for you, while you're still with us?
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woooshuk
(committed) Sat 16-Jun-12 23:15:44
Print Post

I moved due to slow downs at peak times on fibre product. I moved to the BT infinity product and the slow-downs disappeared. Now have an unlimited 75Mb connection for £10 less.
Standard User bilbo8
(experienced) Wed 27-Jun-12 23:20:00
Print Post

[re: AbiNormal] [link to this post]

Im an ex-idnetter too.

When I was there it was 8MB package and despite being concerned about the £25 p/m charge , the service was good and reliable and I went along with it. Then the connection got worse and worse and the support just seemed uninterested. There was one support guy I used to call "uh huh.....uh huh....uh huh ......" guy as I believed I could have been reading out of a car repair manual and still received the same responses. So a solid provider turned into a hit and miss , up one day and down the next provider with support that just seemed disinterested. I jumped ship and never looked back, at O2 LLU I got a rock solid twice the speed connection for half the cost and with full 24/7 UK support, it was a no brainer and Im still there and have zero interest in BT infinity, which Im sure is great when its working , but when probs arise and its clueless clots in foreign support centers trying to fix it....................nah, just not for me at all.

IDNET were great for me at one time, but it was like pulling the bung outta the plughole and watching it all just vanish.

Happy anywhere, as long as it ISNT talk talk.

Edited by bilbo8 (Wed 27-Jun-12 23:22:43)

Print Thread

Jump to