User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Jovin
(regular) Mon 19-Nov-12 17:44:16
Print Post

MAC code

[link to this post]

Hi All
Anyone any idea how long it should take to get a MAC code? Asked almost a week ago and still no reply, is this too long?

John

John
Standard User lexden16
(regular) Mon 19-Nov-12 18:02:34
Print Post

Re: MAC code

[re: Jovin] [link to this post]

According to the OFCOM website:

Quote Under Ofcom regulations, where a consumer or small business (with 10 or less employees) wishes to change broadband provider, a MAC must be issued within 5 working days of the request. Unquote

Usually, most ISPs respond immediately with a MAC.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Mon 19-Nov-12 18:35:06
Print Post

Migrations Authorisation Code (MAC) Broadband Migrations Process > Ofcom website.

Alastair

omadasafisho 20CN

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 19-Nov-12 23:16:33
Print Post

I asked for mine on January 29 in an email to the the owner, after asking him if any lower prices might be in the offing and being told they weren't. (I was on IDNet FTTC and approaching the end of my initial 12 months).

I received it from support on 30 January.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.5/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
ISP Representative simon_idnet
(isp) Tue 20-Nov-12 03:57:37
Print Post

Who did you speak to or where did you send an email to (and from)? If you can PM me any of these details then I can find out to which email address your MAC code was sent to.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Jovin
(regular) Wed 21-Nov-12 17:37:20
Print Post

[re: simon_idnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by simon_idnet:
Who did you speak to or where did you send an email to (and from)? If you can PM me any of these details then I can find out to which email address your MAC code was sent to.

Simon
Don't know if you are one and the same I have been in contact with via email but all sorted now thank-you

Now to decide where to go......Idnet have been great but recent slow downs in the evening and price have made me seriously consider moving elsewhere.

John
  Print Thread

Jump to