User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dlorde
(newbie) Fri 02-Oct-15 14:21:39
Print Post

Thanks IDNet

[link to this post]

Credit where credit is due - I decided to upgrade from the ADSL+ package to self-install Fibre Pro for more speed. IDNet sent me a preconfigured Billiion 8800NL VDSL modem/router, which I tested by adding my ADSL profile to it and using it in place of my old modem - it all worked fine (slightly faster than the old Netgear modem it replaced).

After about a month, the fibre switchover occurred, and I got an email from IDNet confirming this. I'd been oblivious, online browsing, while the switchover occurred and didn't notice a thing...

When I ran a speedtest, my download speed had gone from 10-11 mbps to 74 mbps - with no hassle whatsoever. I guess the modem automatically switched to the VDSL profile.
Standard User ZenUserJP
(member) Sun 04-Oct-15 20:44:07
Print Post

Re: Thanks IDNet

[re: dlorde] [link to this post]

well it would have been down whilst the change over took place. No system is in place to allow a switch with zero downtime. Nice to see they sent you a decent router. i have a 8800NL and it's been faultless for months (and connected solidly)

Good to hear praise too wink
Standard User dlorde
(newbie) Sat 17-Oct-15 15:58:45
Print Post

Re: Thanks IDNet

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

Broadband can be such a hassle that it's worth flagging up a success; my next door neighbor has been struggling for a year to get a good fibre link via BT Infinity & Home Hub (I know because I keep taking delivery of their replacement Hub parcels when they're out).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to