User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User GUB
(member) Mon 25-Sep-17 10:18:54
Print Post

Old email

[link to this post]

Have a regularly used but quite old idnetfreemail email account. Recently I've see intermittent connection to it (days where it won't connect, then reconnects briefly). Anyone else experienced this and do I need to update my email settings?
Standard User flyinggate
(member) Mon 25-Sep-17 15:03:45
Print Post

Re: Old email

[re: GUB] [link to this post]

Hi GUB, I feel you pain, but you are not alone,

I have had loads of problems over the last few weeks/months with .freemail, .co.uk and .com email accounts, went through with tech support changing server details etc that had worked perfectly for the last ten years, I get a few stable days then I too cannot receive again. I also noted that on the last occasion I could not get onto idnet's website which was the clue that I had been booted of the system completely as according to them I had too many failed logins, people sending me emails were having them bounce back as account unknown. Very helpful support, but not sure anything has improved long term. I have been with Idnet 11 years but I am starting think it is time to move on. I can understand the them not worrying too much with the free email addresses as part of your broadband package, but .co.uk cost extra a month.
Standard User GUB
(member) Wed 01-Nov-17 16:37:14
Print Post

[re: flyinggate] [link to this post]

I dropped an email to the support address recently. Had a reply overnight to say account had been locked due to multiple connection attempts but he had fixed it. Works perfectly now. Thanks.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User flyinggate
(member) Sat 11-Nov-17 17:19:07
Print Post

I hope it works out long term for you.
Both my .co.uk and freemail accounts stop being able to receive on a twice weekly basis. It is out as a write and because it is the weekend there is apparently nothing they can do about until Monday as it is an admin issue and they only work Monday to Friday. This in-itself I find unjustifiable.

It really is about time they sorted the servers out, this problem has been going on for many months.

Support staff are as usual excellent, but I really don't get the impression that those that make the investment decisions really give a damn about those with these so called 'old' email address. The reason they are old is because we have been loyal customers for so long. Obviously cheaper to loose revenue from a few customers than to make the investment.
ISP Representative miriam_idnet
(isp) Fri 17-Nov-17 11:56:41
Print Post

Hi GUB,

If you have a freemail address can you email the details to support@idnet.com, we can move the mailbox to a newly installed server for you.

Kind regards,

Miriam
IDNet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to