User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 17-Nov-17 10:08:44
Print Post

Re: New IDNetter, experience so far...

[re: youngsyp] [link to this post]

Given you are on a Huawei cabinet it is highly likely that G.INP will kick in soon. That will remove the latency increase and your interleaving level will probably fall to 8, with a zero delay setting.

Bearer 1 will also appear as that's used by G.INP. Not all kit reports it in the stats, but ZyXel and Billion do in the CLI.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 74098/13383Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
Standard User youngsyp
(member) Fri 17-Nov-17 11:26:55
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
That intervention is probably due to the number of errors on the line. You could consider using dslstats to monitor your line 24*7 which could highlight problems.
That was one of my thoughts. These are the various errors recorded since the Billion was plugged in Wednesday evening:

FEC: 80935 2082
CRC: 4 0
ES: 7392 155
SES: 87 9
UAS: 55 44
LOS: 1 0
LOF: 6 0
LOM: 0 0

Paul

ISP: IDNet
Service: FTTC Unlimited (55/10)
Exchange: EMSILVE
Cabinet: 4
DSLAM: Huawei
Modem/ router: Billion BiPAC 8800AXL
Attenuation: 21.8
Target SNRM:
Current sync: 54998/ 9999
Standard User youngsyp
(member) Fri 17-Nov-17 11:30:55
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Given you are on a Huawei cabinet it is highly likely that G.INP will kick in soon. That will remove the latency increase and your interleaving level will probably fall to 8, with a zero delay setting.

Bearer 1 will also appear as that's used by G.INP. Not all kit reports it in the stats, but ZyXel and Billion do in the CLI.
Interesting, I'll certainly keep my eye on the stats to see what happens.

I use dslstats typically and this is what's currently reported:

DSLAM/MSAN type: BDCM:0xa48c / v0xa48c
Modem/router firmware: AnnexA version - A2pv6F039g1.d24m
DSL mode: VDSL2 Profile 17a
Uptime: 1 hours 53 min 25 sec
Resyncs: 0 (since 17 Nov 2017 09:39:19)

Downstream Upstream
Line attenuation (dB): 21.7 0.0
Signal attenuation (dB): Not available on VDSL2
Connection speed (kbps): 51334 9895
SNR margin (dB): 5.9 5.9
Power (dBm): 12.6 6.3
Interleave depth: 1189 209
INP: 3.00 4.00
G.INP: Not enabled Not enabled
Vectoring status: 5 (VECT_UNCONFIGURED)

Ince the DLM intervention, both the down attainable rate has increased to 60 odd Mb/s which is a marked increased since the SNRM started to settle, before DLM came into play.

Paul

ISP: IDNet
Service: FTTC Unlimited (55/10)
Exchange: EMSILVE
Cabinet: 4
DSLAM: Huawei
Modem/ router: Billion BiPAC 8800AXL
Attenuation: 21.8
Target SNRM:
Current sync: 54998/ 9999

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User syserr0r
(newbie) Fri 17-Nov-17 15:23:17
Print Post

[re: youngsyp] [link to this post]

As a relatively long-term customer of IDNet with 9 FTTC and ADSL lines, welcome to the 'club'.

(You may find it worthwhile to check out the http://www.idnetters.co.uk forums.)

I've always found IDNet first-line support (office hours, until about 18:30) to be first-rate, almost always speaking with Brian, Nick or on occasion Miriam. Unfortunately if they are all busy or if you ring out of hours you will get put through to overflow/out-of-hours support which is a lot more limited in terms of what they can help with and what tests/resources they can access (typically log the fault for investigation the next working day and/or run line tests/clear sessions).

That said, being able to find out if a line on a remote site is in-sync or getting session resets at 2am can still be a huge help.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to