User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jaydub
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 25-Jan-18 17:10:30
Print Post

Re: Gaming Lag Issues

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The errored seconds are all on his upstream. However his upstream performance on teh speed test is quite good. It's the single thread downstream that is suffering. I'm at a loss, other than to think playing about with ferrites may not achieve anything.
Standard User yamster
(newbie) Thu 25-Jan-18 19:45:08
Print Post

[re: jaydub] [link to this post]

Thanks for the responses.

I ran a speed test wired directly into the router and here are the results.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15169092741...

I have also setup the broadband monitoring tool so I will see what that gives me.

This is really driving me nuts, When gaming I feel like I am behind everyone else or things are just not registering.
Standard User yamster
(newbie) Fri 26-Jan-18 08:21:34
Print Post

[re: yamster] [link to this post]

Hi Guys,

I setup the broadband quality monitor yesterday. It seems when I am on the xbox or if anyone is using the internet the latency is really high.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/...

This makes sense because web pages take time to load and also the latency correspond to the gaming lag.

Any advice on what I can do? Is this something I can go back to IDNET gaming with?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 26-Jan-18 12:18:41
Print Post

[re: yamster] [link to this post]

HINT: When gaming its best to not having anything else using the connection if lag is critical

i.e. the yellow areas are normal for when a connection is in use i.e. the packets providing the data for a web page interleave with the ping packets and thus delay things a bit.

The large blue area at around 7pm is unusually large though, but if a game was downloading an update then that can happen

Congestion and connection based lag issues should continue to show up even the connection is idle.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to