Technical Discussion
  >> Television over Broadband (IPTV)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Jan-12 20:38:47
Print Post

IPTV and social networking

[link to this post]

Now that Netflix have launched in the UK, i had a look on their website and found that they are pushing people to sign up using Facebook, ok so you can sign up without, but they stick that in small writing so no one can see it.

It is getting beyond it now, almost every IPTV system, be it BBC Iplayer, which is free to paid for ones like Lovefilm and now Netflix wants the public to more or less do their advertising for them.

How long will it be before non IPTV system also have a connection with Facebook or twitter?

I don't give a monkeys that a friend on my facebook list is Watching Rambo on Netflix or watching East enders on Iplayer.

No advantage to us, but a advantage to the supplier of the service. what is it going to be like with You View?

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 09-Jan-12 22:03:13
Print Post

Re: IPTV and social networking

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

You can turn it off in Facebook, but then as you say how many will bother.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User joconnell
(experienced) Fri 13-Jan-12 13:41:41
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

what is it going to be like with You View?

Is YouView actually going to see the light of day? The official YouView news site isn't exactly a mine of information about expected release dates so one could be forgiven for thinking that the project has quietly died.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Jan-12 09:29:37
Print Post

[re: joconnell] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by joconnell:
what is it going to be like with You View?

Is YouView actually going to see the light of day? The official YouView news site isn't exactly a mine of information about expected release dates so one could be forgiven for thinking that the project has quietly died.

It is suppose to launch in the middle of the year now, but I don't think they even got a working box to be honest. If you look on the official you view site you see there is a twitter app type thing, it have had nothing posted for months now.

If it dies then Talk Talk, BBc, Bt and the others that have piled cash into this will lose a lot of money. Just having BT and Talk Talk name on it will make sure I stay well clear of it.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
  Print Thread

Jump to