Technical Discussion
  >> Television over Broadband (IPTV)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 05-Mar-12 19:05:52
Print Post

Ultraviolet in the UK

[link to this post]

Found a few ultraviolet digital copy DVD's on Amazon.co.uk

BUT is there anywhere you can buy them online, without the need to order a physical copy? The uvvu site, suggests this should be possible, rather than having to wait for physical goods to arrive.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Apr-12 16:59:50
Print Post

Re: Ultraviolet in the UK

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Found a few ultraviolet digital copy DVD's on Amazon.co.uk

BUT is there anywhere you can buy them online, without the need to order a physical copy? The uvvu site, suggests this should be possible, rather than having to wait for physical goods to arrive.

They have some big players and it wouldn't surprise me if Blockbuster did a UV online service. Certainly make sense to be able to get it totally online if you see the sticker on a physical disc in store. I would expect love film to also do that. I hear Apple will be doing it.

I've been watching this since the register started to cover it last year.

Apparently flixster was the first place to do UV online delivery only. And they reckon WB are converting more and more to the format. They mention Lovefilm and Netflix in this article so let's hope they come on board. It's still a brilliant idea especially if it helps to combat piracy. If you damaged your blue ray you could download a copy and put it onto a new one if the rights are allowed on that particular title.

I'd be inclined with such fast connections to simply buy the disk if there was no other option and then simply stream it or download it to my HDD., If it was a film you wanted to keep for a long time you wouldn't even have to break the cellophane seal!. that's how I perceive the service anyway

Could we see a Device like the Roku for UV content only? 750,000 subscribers already!

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/ultraviole...

Edited by pcoventry76 (Sat 28-Apr-12 17:08:01)

Print Thread

Jump to