Technical Discussion
  >> Television over Broadband (IPTV)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jclatwo
(newbie) Wed 03-Apr-13 15:14:22
Print Post

Internet TV

[link to this post]

Hi All,
I've just had fibre broadband installed with talk talk and I'm getting interuptions on my internet tv signal. I've noticed that the internet light on the talk talk router that was supplied flickers and this coincides with my tv signal being lost. Is the internet light meant to flicker or should it be solid green. Also why the need for 2 boxes I understand that one is a modem and one is a wireless router but surely there are single units available. Tearing my hair out now as when I'm watching something the screen freezes for a few seconds then catches up. i've used the iplayers and there's no buffering issues one them. Sorry to go on a bit but its very frustrating.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 03-Apr-13 23:38:02
Print Post

Re: Internet TV

[re: jclatwo] [link to this post]

Two boxes? What service do you have? ADSL or fibre?

With FTTC (VDSL) to make serving so many providers simpler a two box solution is used, particularly as it seems single box solutions are not fully mature.

Is it YouView content that has the problem? As you say iPlayer is fine, there have been issues with YouView which you might find on the TalkTalk Members forum assuming you have registered

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to