Technical Discussion
  >> Television over Broadband (IPTV)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mixt
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 13-Dec-16 12:14:49
Print Post

Re: Using iPlayer or catch up TV , pay for a licence

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

This is the thing people do not realise. They have to be able to prove that you have or are:

1) Watching live TV, physically, with your eyes (and ears), sourced from a live broadcast or data stream (terrestrial or online, etc)

2) Recording, to any medium, in any format, a live stream, sourced from a live broadcast or data stream (terrestrial or online, etc)

The question of whether your equipment has the potential to allow for the above is irrelevant. It is the act of using said equipment to achieve any of the above 2 points that means you need a TV license, and is what they have to prove you have done (or are doing) before they can prosecute you.

And you are right. You don't need to let them in at all. They may tell you otherwise as an intimidation tactic, but they can only gain entry if you let them or via a search warrant, which normally requires a court order.

IDNet Fibre Unlimited 55/10 with Native IPv6
Automated Hourly HTTP×6 TBB Speed Tests (3×IPv4+3×IPv6)
Previous ISPs » Zen (40/10 FTTC) | aaisp.net (40/10 FTTC) | Virgin Media (50Mb Cable) | Be* Un Limited (ADSL2+) | Zen (ADSL)
Download Maximiser | BIND GeoDNS | Are you being bløcked?

Edited by mixt (Tue 13-Dec-16 12:15:48)

Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Tue 13-Dec-16 12:28:28
Print Post

[re: mixt] [link to this post]

Anyone who needs to clarify should also spend some time on YouTube - they will soon realise that TVL Capita staff have no more right to enter your house than the post man.

I use an IPTV app at half service which is as on demand as you can get - and it also can come with a IPTV live TV section so I could stream all live TV channels including Sky through it - however all they would see was me connected to a server, and that could be any server. Not that I would anyway.

It does annoy me that people pay when they don't need to - my wife was the same, out of fear for a £1000 fine. Now after some education she dosen't give a stuff.

I will never forget in 2012 when I first dealt with the "call about my licence" when the woman on the end of the phone ,and no word of a lie, told me that I should "get a pair of pliers and ensure that my TV was never able to accommodate an Ariel again"

As I had just bought it - you can imagine that the second word to come out of my mouth directly in reply was "off" smile

Until my dad stepped in they were harassing me nan to buy a TV licence, and it took a rather sharp conversation for them to realise..

She's 87! Her's has been free for the past 13 years! ;D
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Tue 13-Dec-16 14:34:53
Print Post

Best advice is the no contact method, Don't reply to the monthly threat -o- grammes they send ,
Don't even answer the door to them

And i have no intention of paying the licence fee to a biased anti-democratic news and media broadcaster, time the BBC were stripped of public funding and the TV tax abolished

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Tue 13-Dec-16 14:39:01
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
Best advice is the no contact method, Don't reply to the monthly threat -o- grammes they send ,

And i have no intention of paying the licence fee to a biased anti-democratic news and media broadcaster, time the BBC were stripped of public funding and the TV tax abolished

+10000000!

They haven't bothered me for a few years actually, I am expecting a letter soon then!

Nah, I don't want to pay for Peados either!
Standard User flippery
(experienced) Tue 13-Dec-16 14:58:48
Print Post

How do you know, if you are not paying for service. Anti democratic is that an opinion that disagrees with yours?
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Tue 13-Dec-16 15:07:13
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by flippery:

How do you know, if you are not paying for service. Anti democratic is that an opinion that disagrees with yours?
They have been biaed for years and there are other non bias media sources out there who have highlighted this bias in particular about Brexit 17.4 million people voted for brexit and the BBC and other MSM have done nothing but to try and derail brexit, that is anti democratic as they seek to undermine the democratic will of those 17.4 million people at every turn with their propaganda and fake news, it was similar with Donald trump

Edited by tommy45 (Tue 13-Dec-16 15:09:44)

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 13-Dec-16 15:54:45
Print Post

Maybe they are also representing the 16.1 million people who didn't vote for brexit?

There are a lot of prominent people on all the TV channels who are anti-brexit. Channel 4 is much the same from the shows I have seen. I am assuming that most of the people on these programmes happen to come from backgrounds that make them more likely to have voted remain.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Tue 13-Dec-16 16:53:27
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
Maybe they are also representing the 16.1 million people who didn't vote for brexit?

There are a lot of prominent people on all the TV channels who are anti-brexit. Channel 4 is much the same from the shows I have seen. I am assuming that most of the people on these programmes happen to come from backgrounds that make them more likely to have voted remain.
It's down to the corrupt establishment elite
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Tue 13-Dec-16 16:56:27
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

More than likely the small cult of abusers they have paid and turned a blind to over the past 60 odd years... Most of who didn't want Brexit either. I wonder why.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Tue 13-Dec-16 17:08:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by 23Prince:

More than likely the small cult of abusers they have paid and turned a blind to over the past 60 odd years... Most of who didn't want Brexit either. I wonder why.
they are using the licence fees to pay for known jihadi's Abdul Haqq

This all part of forced cultural enrichment, that does not work

Edited by tommy45 (Tue 13-Dec-16 17:09:54)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to