General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Bjt1992
(learned) Mon 01-May-17 21:19:57
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info it's been great to hear what I've got to look forward too on the 3rd July !! Can't wait now !!

Just out of curiosity does the van have any comforts like a USB port/aux cable/Bluetooth etc ?? Seen the Transits have a decent Basic spec. It's a 4.5 hour drive home from Magna Park for me so hopefully there's some comforts for the journey haha

Also what do you recommend we take down with us ?? I've heard a spare bag mentioned for all the uniform and PPE etc ??
Standard User Beanydc
(newbie) Mon 01-May-17 21:40:36
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

I start on the 8th too and at the holiday inn. Supposesdly theres a bus that picks us up and drops us off back to the holidsy inn i take it
Standard User Beanydc
(newbie) Mon 01-May-17 21:43:07
Print Post

[re: Hoss28] [link to this post]

I start on 8th too. Id say its a fuel card unless they have accounts with say tesco etc. The company i work for atm have avcounts at tesco. Fill up and give number plate and mileage etc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Beanydc
(newbie) Mon 01-May-17 21:49:33
Print Post

Thats tidy mate. Im from pembrokeshire so not to far past swansea. Where is your 2nd part of training being held? Will it be Cardiff? Or uo to yarnfield for the 12 weeks? They said itd be closer to home if possible. Fingera crossed as have a baby on the way lol.

Also did everyone have the same van on the day or did it vary
Standard User GDLuke
(newbie) Mon 01-May-17 23:32:12
Print Post

[re: mckeo5514] [link to this post]

What was the salary advertised as originally? I heard 20k to start and around 23k after 12 months
Standard User mckeo5514
(member) Mon 01-May-17 23:48:51
Print Post

[re: GDLuke] [link to this post]

was 23k + 10% bonus when a lot of us applied and interviewed. then after a really long wait when the job offer came it was changed to 20k for first 12 months. assuming we dont get the 10% until 12 months is up as it hasnt been mentioned then that equates as a 5.3k drop for the first year.
Standard User Swanseajack91
(member) Mon 01-May-17 23:51:57
Print Post

[re: Bjt1992] [link to this post]

The vans are very nice in my opinion USB port and heated seats auto lights etc and stop start, we had field cards issued only to be used at esso garages.
As for facilities at Yarnfield food is nice sort of a buffet selection, there is a gym and sauna it looks okay nothing special. The bar is decent few pool tables and fruit machines happy hour is £2 a pint!
As for what to take I took a suitcase and a hold all, still had to lug a massive box but it's not so bad as everyone does it you will get ALOT of kit you do get a nice rucksack for the laptop/phone though =)
Standard User mckeo5514
(member) Mon 01-May-17 23:55:31
Print Post

I cant wait less than a week to go now
Standard User lincsboy1979
(newbie) Tue 02-May-17 06:18:58
Print Post

[re: mckeo5514] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mckeo5514:
was 23k + 10% bonus when a lot of us applied and interviewed. then after a really long wait when the job offer came it was changed to 20k for first 12 months. assuming we dont get the 10% until 12 months is up as it hasnt been mentioned then that equates as a 5.3k drop for the first year.

Some openreach lads came to install on the job im on at the minute so went to have a chat with them.The bonus is work related but not price work so to speak,theyve been doing it for 2 years and never not got it.Apparantley its paid in your wages every month rather than a lump sum.When i applied in june 2016 it was stated as starting on £23000 plus bonus,they dropped it as of february 2017 to £20000 with it going up to £23500 after 12 months,and it wasnt going to rise on lasy years advert but they obviously want to you hold on and do your 12 months first now before going onto the £23500 rather than give you it straight away.There are chances to go up though after your training and the two lads i spoke to said the more you learn the more you earn so there is chance to progress your wages if you are prepared to take on more training.
Standard User lincsboy1979
(newbie) Tue 02-May-17 06:21:22
Print Post

[re: Beanydc] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Beanydc:
I start on the 8th too and at the holiday inn. Supposesdly theres a bus that picks us up and drops us off back to the holidsy inn i take it

I start on the 15th but my mate starts on the 8th and is in the hotel for 2 nights,there is a bus that comes to pick you up apparantley as there are people in a few different hotels a posat earlier said you get picked up at 7.30 and dropped off at 4.30 and you get your meals in the hotel.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to