General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | [100] | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User harryvw
(newbie) Thu 22-Jun-17 22:45:22
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ShavedApe:
Week 5 day 4 poles steps and ladders. Our trainer been really good to us and because of work being done on the pole field tomorrow we did all our pole climbing today smile and we get an early finish tomorrow too wink
We were asked if we wanted to keep breaks short etc to make it happen and of course we did.

The climbing was as I expected really a little scary but all in all fine. Trust the kit because it works I nearly fell on a training pole so trust me I know.

Climbed the pole I think six times in total not counting the nursery poles. We even did moving from one side to the other not a huge fan of that I have to say.

I was pretty worried about the poles been a long time since I've been at height for anything, it was pretty windy and the poles definitely move in the wind and when your climbing.
All in all though it was good I feel a lot better about pole climbing still not sure I'll ever say it's the best place to be but it was ok. Legs are hurting a little and I'm sure I'll feel it in the morning but I'm told we climb about 15 times in one day next week so I'm sure it will hurt more after that.

Cheers for sharing your experience, it's reassuring to hear that all in all you had a good experience climbing! I'm slightly nervous about the pole training but glad you feel slightly better after doing it.... hope I'll feel the same!

Edited by harryvw (Thu 22-Jun-17 22:46:55)

Standard User sotond
(newbie) Fri 23-Jun-17 10:17:20
Print Post

[re: SplendidTom] [link to this post]

have to wait 6 months to apply again,i applied end of last year and didn't get the job,but passed this time around , definelely worth putting in again now you have a better idea of what to expect.
Standard User MikeyGrant89
(newbie) Fri 23-Jun-17 11:16:01
Print Post

[re: Notgood] [link to this post]

Just a little update lads. After being told I passed assessment centre but there was no job for me at the time, I've now been given a start date of 14tj of August. Anyone else got that date?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User sotond
(newbie) Fri 23-Jun-17 12:16:22
Print Post

[re: MikeyGrant89] [link to this post]

still waiting for a start date myself, been told just waiting for confirmation of dates.
Standard User SplendidTom
(newbie) Fri 23-Jun-17 12:16:31
Print Post

[re: sotond] [link to this post]

That's reassuring to hear! Yes, I will definitely be reapplying as soon as possible. I was gutted to hear I didn't get the job but that just makes me more determined for next time!

Is reapplying just a case of going through the careers page and looking for an open job?
Standard User sotond
(newbie) Fri 23-Jun-17 12:18:37
Print Post

Yeah that's what I did, waited the 6 months then applied again
(newbie) Fri 23-Jun-17 12:24:32
Print Post

Great, cheers mate! Now to play the waiting game...
Standard User sotond
(newbie) Fri 23-Jun-17 12:46:41
Print Post

No probs , might be worth asking for any other feedback from the assessment centre, helped me figure out what to work on
(newbie) Fri 23-Jun-17 14:04:27
Print Post

Worth doing. Who do you contact to find out? My rejection email came from a noreply email.
Standard User sotond
(newbie) Fri 23-Jun-17 14:18:17
Print Post

I contacted the recruitment team, replied back to an email they had previously sent to confirm assessment centre
Pages in this thread: << 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | [100] | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to