General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | [102] | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MrSpud
(learned) Sat 24-Jun-17 12:31:44
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Tvwize86] [link to this post]

So my kit just turned up most of it is coming with me tomorrow as it's huge! How on earth are trousers sized on chest not waist!

I have
3 t shirts
2 polos
1 jumper
1 soft shell
1 shorts
1 coverall...large is for people 180-188cms so for me way to big
1 water proof suit...see above
2 pairs of boots

Trousers are not in stock so have to go without

Question for Yarnfielders, did you get helmet, hi vis and gloves on the Monday?
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Sat 24-Jun-17 17:05:21
Print Post

[re: MrSpud] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSpud:
So my kit just turned up most of it is coming with me tomorrow as it's huge! How on earth are trousers sized on chest not waist!

I have
3 t shirts
2 polos
1 jumper
1 soft shell
1 shorts
2 pairs of boots

My hard hat was in my kit but when u go to the stores to sign for ur laptop and phone we got hi viz and gloves then.They have a stock of eveything so take anything that doesnt fit to swap with storeman.
Standard User Tvwize86
(learned) Sat 24-Jun-17 18:07:31
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSpud:

I have
3 t shirts
2 polos
1 jumper
1 soft shell
1 shorts
2 pairs of boots

Yup all PPE, you collect on Monday/Tuesday.

As links say's you can swap all at the storeroom!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrSpud
(learned) Sat 24-Jun-17 18:16:40
Print Post

Thanks guys

Sounds sad but I was really excited for my uniform arriving however with Yodel messing with my life and the kit not fitting it's turned into a bit of an anti climax. Any way next week should be exiting van on Friday and pick up a Q7 on Saturday, be working just to pay it off for the next few years! Who needs food anyway
Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 24-Jun-17 18:17:22
Print Post

Possibly to ensure your kidneys etc are protected, given the conditions you may working in.
Standard User Tvwize86
(learned) Sat 24-Jun-17 18:39:52
Print Post

Yer getting the van on the Friday was a highlight, was like wacky races every one leaving Manga Park!

Be prepared for a lot of power point presentations in the first week!

Top tip would be is bring some thick socks. Quite a few lads have had their feet ripped to shreds breaking in the new boots and they are mandatory during the day!
Standard User MrSpud
(learned) Sat 24-Jun-17 18:46:35
Print Post

Thanks for the advice, however I am ex military so my feet are well used to wearing terrible boots from fresh!
Standard User Notgood
(newbie) Sun 25-Jun-17 09:16:09
Print Post

[re: MikeyGrant89] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MikeyGrant89:
Just a little update lads. After being told I passed assessment centre but there was no job for me at the time, I've now been given a start date of 14tj of August. Anyone else got that date?

Made up for you mate! Really good news. Roll on 14th August. Mate's not heard anything else yet. I'm waiting for an assessment date. Ironically, my boss called me in, and apologised for the last of progress. Told me he knew they'd let me down, but they'd sort it out and fast. See what that brings, if anything.
Standard User MikeyGrant89
(newbie) Sun 25-Jun-17 11:59:51
Print Post

[re: Notgood] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Notgood:
In reply to a post by MikeyGrant89:
Just a little update lads. After being told I passed assessment centre but there was no job for me at the time, I've now been given a start date of 14tj of August. Anyone else got that date?

Made up for you mate! Really good news. Roll on 14th August. Mate's not heard anything else yet. I'm waiting for an assessment date. Ironically, my boss called me in, and apologised for the last of progress. Told me he knew they'd let me down, but they'd sort it out and fast. See what that brings, if anything.

Cheers mate. That sounds positive for you as well. Can always keep your or application open as well just incase. All the best mate!
Standard User MrSpud
(learned) Sun 25-Jun-17 16:29:56
Print Post

[re: MikeyGrant89] [link to this post]

That's me away on the train, this forum has been so unbelievably helpful, I will try and keep on and help others the way I have been helped! See you all on the flip side
Pages in this thread: << 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | [102] | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to