General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | [104] | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Harpersaurus
(newbie) Sun 25-Jun-17 20:41:40
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: DundeeJambo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by DundeeJambo:
so I'll obviously be driving the van home on the Friday but does anyone know if we drive the van back to training or is it back on the train? Cheers

Once you pick your van up you'll be using it to get to all of your training from now on. Speak to Des on the first week at Yarnfield, he let guys from Scotland in my group pick up their vans on Thursday night so they could get an early start on driving home on Friday due to the distance
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Sun 25-Jun-17 20:57:59
Print Post

[re: MrSpud] [link to this post]

I wasnt paid the bonus in the first month will know this week if I get it this month but I doubt it. I had heard some say they had been paid it but was never expecting it so if I get it and dont have to pay it back it really will be a bonus smile

In reply to a post by Harpersaurus:
In reply to a post by DundeeJambo:
so I'll obviously be driving the van home on the Friday but does anyone know if we drive the van back to training or is it back on the train? Cheers

Once you pick your van up you'll be using it to get to all of your training from now on. Speak to Des on the first week at Yarnfield, he let guys from Scotland in my group pick up their vans on Thursday night so they could get an early start on driving home on Friday due to the distance

On my intake only the FVR guys went for their vans on Thursday and they returned to Yarnfield on Friday, we had a number of Scottish guys in our group they all picked up their vans on friday like the rest of us. Sadly once there when you leave largely depends on where your van is parked.

Once you have your van you drive that to and from any training

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.

Edited by ShavedApe (Sun 25-Jun-17 21:45:19)

Standard User JamesC1999
(learned) Sun 25-Jun-17 23:39:29
Print Post

[re: Bjt1992] [link to this post]

Thats the one Im booked on! I will walk right through until you point at me! Will let you know what to look out for on the day. Looking forward to meeting you buddy

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Bjt1992
(regular) Sun 25-Jun-17 23:52:49
Print Post

[re: JamesC1999] [link to this post]

Haha well that's worked out well ! Suppose they want us all there at the same time. That's why I sent an email out the other day because there's probably loads of us scattered all over the trains and after sitting on my own for just shy of 4 hours to realise the person behind me is in the same boat would be annoying haha

PM me your number and I'll let you know where we are sat when we leave newcastle !
Standard User MC31
(member) Sun 25-Jun-17 23:55:54
Print Post

[re: MrSpud] [link to this post]

I find the boots good out of the box , better then the old DMS.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Standard User SEts
(newbie) Mon 26-Jun-17 05:50:56
Print Post

[re: MC31] [link to this post]

A week today and will be starting my training, very excited, Anyone going up form london?
Standard User benstoke89
(learned) Mon 26-Jun-17 07:35:36
Print Post

[re: SEts] [link to this post]

Does anybody know what courier will be delivering my uniform? And will I get any notification via text or email?
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Mon 26-Jun-17 08:00:21
Print Post

[re: benstoke89] [link to this post]

If its the same courier as existing employees then its DPD but I read someone here say Yodel so it could be spread across more than one courier. DPD are usually really good with notifications but thats not been the case with my OR uniform its possible they aren't given your mobile number though.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User JamesC1999
(learned) Mon 26-Jun-17 09:12:08
Print Post

[re: Bjt1992] [link to this post]

Hi I've sent you my number through PM.
Looking forward to Sunday!
Standard User mason1991
(newbie) Mon 26-Jun-17 11:36:28
Print Post

[re: JamesC1999] [link to this post]

Hi, I'm starting the 3rd of July also. Is anyone travelling up from South Wales?
Pages in this thread: << 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | [104] | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to