General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | [105] | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MrSpud
(learned) Mon 26-Jun-17 16:52:07
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: mason1991] [link to this post]

First day done, it's been ok I suppose. Got the details for my hotel in Bolton. Good thing is there are 4 of us staying. Got lots of Ppe issued today. A big bag is a good idea to bring. Now off to the bar!
Standard User Ichorus
(newbie) Mon 26-Jun-17 18:51:48
Print Post

[re: mckeo5514] [link to this post]

Hey guy.

Long time admirer of the forum.

I've got my assessment centre date as being the 4th July in Belfast. I applied expecting to look towards a field engineer apprentice but instead I'm being considered for "Operations Control role which is a desk based Engineer role"

Just wondering if any one has any useful information about the role.

I've also to do a presentation

Seems all my prep for wiring a plug has been wasted =p Gunna hav to put my head down and do some research

Thanks for all the useful advise up to this point

Edited by Ichorus (Mon 26-Jun-17 19:07:05)

Standard User benstoke89
(learned) Mon 26-Jun-17 18:58:42
Print Post

[re: MrSpud] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSpud:
First day done, it's been ok I suppose. Got the details for my hotel in Bolton. Good thing is there are 4 of us staying. Got lots of Ppe issued today. A big bag is a good idea to bring. Now off to the bar!

What hotel is it pal? I'll be there. Glad to hear the first day went well.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrSpud
(learned) Mon 26-Jun-17 19:53:03
Print Post

[re: benstoke89] [link to this post]

It's not a hotel it's a country club! BW Bury. Looks amazing
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Mon 26-Jun-17 19:55:56
Print Post

Week 6 otherwise known as he'll week, 15 poles to climb in one day. Today was just hollow poles no climbing but as I say tomorrow 15 poles in a day. Longest days so far with no promises of early finish quite the opposite it would seem.
On the plus side starting to feel like I'm learning some real skills to do the job.
Those coming to bolton in three weeks I guess I will see you there I'll be coming back off a week of buddying 2 weeks from today.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User benstoke89
(learned) Mon 26-Jun-17 20:23:15
Print Post

It's not a hotel it's a country club! BW Bury. Looks amazing

Sounds good! What role are you doing then mate?
Might see you at Yarn next week!
Standard User MrSpud
(learned) Mon 26-Jun-17 20:30:08
Print Post

Calomi for me, no fibre jointers on my intake and a few fvr. There isn't much to do here other than eat and drink. The bar is busy and service is woefully slow but it's half 8 now and next to no one in here now, not sure where everyone has gone to
Standard User benstoke89
(learned) Mon 26-Jun-17 20:50:30
Print Post

Calomi for me, no fibre jointers on my intake and a few fvr. There isn't much to do here other than eat and drink. The bar is busy and service is woefully slow but it's half 8 now and next to no one in here now, not sure where everyone has gone to

Mad! Long first day, maybe they've all gone for early night!
I'm going bring me PS4 for some later evening entertainment!

Hope the rest of the week goes well for you.
Standard User sotond
(newbie) Tue 27-Jun-17 04:06:00
Print Post

Just waiting for a start date for training,loads of useful info on here,just interested to know how many are starting a completely new career with openreach,i'm coming from a security background so no experience at all.
Standard User Keli
(newbie) Tue 27-Jun-17 09:35:23
Print Post

[re: sotond] [link to this post]

Hi all, anyone else been surprised by the extended training? At the assessment center we were told that we would have to go to yarnfield for 2 weeks and now 4 days before im due to start im told i will be away from home for 4 weeks, 2 in yarnfield and 2 in Bolton. So now im rushing to figure out who can have my kids for another 2 weeks on top of what i already covered. Starting July 3rd and traveling from reading. (4pm train) if anyone else is doing this time and route let me know.
Pages in this thread: << 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | [105] | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to