General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | [106] | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MrSpud
(learned) Tue 27-Jun-17 10:06:43
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Keli] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Keli:
Hi all, anyone else been surprised by the extended training? At the assessment center we were told that we would have to go to yarnfield for 2 weeks and now 4 days before im due to start im told i will be away from home for 4 weeks, 2 in yarnfield and 2 in Bolton. So now im rushing to figure out who can have my kids for another 2 weeks on top of what i already covered. Starting July 3rd and traveling from reading. (4pm train) if anyone else is doing this time and route let me know.

You will spend 4 weeks in Bolton overall, so 2 weeks Yarnfield followed by one week Bolton, then a week local buddying then another 2 weeks in bolton
Standard User Keli
(newbie) Tue 27-Jun-17 10:20:11
Print Post

[re: MrSpud] [link to this post]

My time table states 2 weeks yarnfield, 2 weeks bolton then 2 and half weeks buddy then back to bolton for week and half followed by 3 weeks budding. Just a shame no one mentioned this previously so i could get my ducks in a row.

Any other ladies starting july 3rd, cant say ive seen any posts. xD
Standard User MrSpud
(learned) Tue 27-Jun-17 10:50:39
Print Post

Are you calomi or fvr?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User benstoke89
(learned) Tue 27-Jun-17 11:18:43
Print Post

My time table states 2 weeks yarnfield, 2 weeks bolton then 2 and half weeks buddy then back to bolton for week and half followed by 3 weeks budding. Just a shame no one mentioned this previously so i could get my ducks in a row.

Any other ladies starting july 3rd, cant say ive seen any posts. xD

Your training looks like mine, are you doing fibre? Have you been told your getting van in the first week?
Standard User Keli
(newbie) Tue 27-Jun-17 11:38:30
Print Post

[re: benstoke89] [link to this post]

Hiya yeah i was told i will be collecting my van on Friday before heading home.

The time table says Fibre Jointer, however not actually been told before seeing that. Uniform arrived yesterday and i could get in the trousers about 3 times haha so they will need to be changed.

Will be travelling up on sunday afternoon. Hoping i can find some people to hang with instead of being a loner.
Standard User benstoke89
(learned) Tue 27-Jun-17 11:45:44
Print Post

Hiya yeah i was told i will be collecting my van on Friday before heading home.

The time table says Fibre Jointer, however not actually been told before seeing that. Uniform arrived yesterday and i could get in the trousers about 3 times haha so they will need to be changed.

Will be travelling up on sunday afternoon. Hoping i can find some people to hang with instead of being a loner.

Same as me then, still waiting on my uniform.
Probably will be doing Fibre Jointing then with the schedule and the training in Bolton.
I will be going up on Sunday, so see you there!
Standard User JamesC1999
(learned) Tue 27-Jun-17 13:26:08
Print Post

[re: benstoke89] [link to this post]

May just be me sounding stupud but multiple of people on here say take a large suitcase with you.. can I just ask why? I know obviously to put the ppe in but cant you put it in your van when you get it? And where do you drag it all about during the day?
Cheers
Standard User Keli
(newbie) Tue 27-Jun-17 14:17:26
Print Post

[re: JamesC1999] [link to this post]

My understanding from emails is that you need it to transport back waterproofs, laptop, phone and other PPE they supply you and also uniform which is given to you. and if you fail the "test" you wont be given your van so you will need to be able to take it back via train or car.
Standard User MrSpud
(learned) Tue 27-Jun-17 14:49:42
Print Post

Reason behind the big bag

You get a lot of kit, you get lots here that needs to be taken to your van. There is 71 people going to magma on Friday all with the same issues bag etc. Best thing is to sling it in a big bag as it is put on a truck to get to Leicester
Standard User MikeyGrant89
(newbie) Tue 27-Jun-17 14:51:03
Print Post

When do you receive your tasks (disclosure, uniform sizes etc,) and contract? I've so far been given a start date and a photo of my passport but heard nothing else. I know from what other people said, it does go quiet but it seems like you do your tasks etc straight after getting a start date.
Pages in this thread: << 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | [106] | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to