General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | [107] | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Keli
(newbie) Tue 27-Jun-17 15:51:54
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: benstoke89] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by benstoke89:
In reply to a post by Keli:
Hiya yeah i was told i will be collecting my van on Friday before heading home.

The time table says Fibre Jointer, however not actually been told before seeing that. Uniform arrived yesterday and i could get in the trousers about 3 times haha so they will need to be changed.

Will be travelling up on sunday afternoon. Hoping i can find some people to hang with instead of being a loner.

Same as me then, still waiting on my uniform.
Probably will be doing Fibre Jointing then with the schedule and the training in Bolton.
I will be going up on Sunday, so see you there!

If you look on the timetable it says along the top what you are doing, So mine says fibre jointer pathway.
Standard User MrSpud
(learned) Tue 27-Jun-17 16:27:21
Print Post

[re: Keli] [link to this post]

So day 2 done, top tip drink some coffee! It's hard going, the guys in your group either make it or brake it. Luckily mine are good guys. This morning was signing on as an apprentice and this afternoon was health and welfare....you can see why you need the coffee, however we are all off to the pub! Night all
Standard User sotond
(newbie) Tue 27-Jun-17 17:40:36
Print Post

[re: Smc86] [link to this post]

Just got told today I'm starting 7th august

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Bjt1992
(regular) Tue 27-Jun-17 18:05:39
Print Post

[re: MrSpud] [link to this post]

Just a quick one for those that have already started.

Had my uniform delivered today, apart from the tshirts that are getting sent at a later date.

Seems decent quality and fits well however I feel the gortex jackets very long but suppose it's not exactly going to be a tailored fit.

Can anyone shed some light on what boots we need to wear and when. The more heavy duty ones with rubber toe covers seem much more comfortable than the plain leather ones. Don't obviously want to bring both sets down to yarnfield.

Cheers !
Standard User Keli
(newbie) Tue 27-Jun-17 19:27:21
Print Post

[re: Bjt1992] [link to this post]

I plan to wear which ever ones are more comfortable. Since they both are basically the same. Unless someone says otherwise.
Standard User benstoke89
(learned) Tue 27-Jun-17 19:31:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by Keli:
I plan to wear which ever ones are more comfortable. Since they both are basically the same. Unless someone says otherwise.

Had mine today, most fits well! 2 more polo tops to arrive.
How many jackets did you get? I had 1 soft shell, but nothing massively waterproof!
Standard User Keli
(newbie) Tue 27-Jun-17 20:04:13
Print Post

I got the following:

1 x hat
1 x soft shell jacket
2 x trousers
1 x shorts
1 x jumper
2 x safety boots
1 x wellies
3 x polo shirts
3 x t.shirts
1 x coverall

No water proofs what so ever, my dad worked for them and was surprised at lack of clothing sent, he receive waterproofs, Even sun cream when he started but it was 15 years ago.
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Tue 27-Jun-17 20:19:18
Print Post

Wear whichever you feel most comfortable in. Personally I got all my kit when I was there so I alternated so as to break them in before having to wear them for job.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User benstoke89
(learned) Tue 27-Jun-17 20:39:44
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ShavedApe:
Wear whichever you feel most comfortable in. Personally I got all my kit when I was there so I alternated so as to break them in before having to wear them for job.

Do we get waterproofs? I may ring the number tomorrow to find out.
Standard User Bjt1992
(regular) Tue 27-Jun-17 20:54:28
Print Post

I got the following,
1 plastic mail bag containing
-Hi Viz Gortex jacket
-Hi Viz Gortex pants

Then a box containing the following,
- 3 polo shirts
- 1 Sweatshirt
- 2 Trousers
- 1 shorts
- 1 lightweight jacket
- 2 safety boots
- 1 beanie hat
- 1 coveralls

Then says on the invoice that 2 tshirts will sent separately....
No sign of wellies as previously mentioned. Going. To take the slips of paper attached to each consignment with me so they can check off what I've got and what I still need.
Pages in this thread: << 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | [107] | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to