General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | [112] | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Thu 29-Jun-17 21:40:12
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Jem8472] [link to this post]

Congrats glad we could be of help I found this place invaluable when I was applying.

Currently week 6 just finished the drop wires course that was hard work lots of pole climbing and I do mean lots. Sadly lots of rain too but at least I can say I climbed in the wet.

Any questions feel free to ask.

For those who received the ready to start email its likely you wont hear anything till the week before you start, that will be to sort out your travel then by the end of that week an email from the guy who sets up your travel detailing what happens when you get to yarnfield and what to expect on the first day.
Then the week after probably towards the end of the week youll likely hear from Des who will invite you to a conference call as well as give you pretty much the same details as well as remind you to bring documents etc.
Conference calls seem to happen thursday and friday so dont be too concerned if you arent contacted for the thursday one and your not missing anything either way.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.

Edited by ShavedApe (Thu 29-Jun-17 22:09:58)

Standard User Jem8472
(newbie) Thu 29-Jun-17 21:57:37
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Sounds like it must have been hard work. Are you enjoying it so far? It seems like a lot of training but I am sure it's worth it.
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Thu 29-Jun-17 22:29:57
Print Post

[re: Jem8472] [link to this post]

Yeah enjoying it a lot its tough for sure but its worth it. The company seems amazing dont think ive met anyone that hasnt been with them 30 years or close. That tells me regardless of how much someone may [censored] it must be a good company to work for.

The training is tough at times and a lot to take in sometimes way too much.

There has been much discussion here about pass or fail assessments and yeah they exist seems like almost every week has one but they make it pretty hard to fail. They give you as much help as they can get away so trust them and trust the kit and you wont go far wrong.

Safety and quality are the keys usually.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jem8472
(newbie) Fri 30-Jun-17 00:02:57
Print Post

It does worry me the pass or fail tests but a guy I used to work with does that job and I am sure if he could get through I should be able to. With how much they invest in your training it would be silly to try and trip you up during the training.
Standard User sotond
(newbie) Fri 30-Jun-17 12:16:53
Print Post

[re: Smc86] [link to this post]

Hii've ,also got a start date on the 7th august
Standard User Smc86
(newbie) Fri 30-Jun-17 13:38:35
Print Post

[re: sotond] [link to this post]

Congrats mate, more than likely see you there on the Sunday evening. I've completed all my tasks and accepted my contract so it's just counting down the days now
Standard User sotond
(newbie) Fri 30-Jun-17 14:40:30
Print Post

[re: Smc86] [link to this post]

definitely, handed In notice today,Have you been told which role your in yet,so far all I have is team member.
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Fri 30-Jun-17 22:11:12
Print Post

Most people don't know till they get to yarnfield what their role will be. Some hear before but as I say most find out day one at yarnfield.

Standard User sotond
(newbie) Sat 01-Jul-17 16:27:39
Print Post

aah right,ok,cheers for that.Not too long to wait now
Standard User Bjt1992
(regular) Sat 01-Jul-17 21:18:43
Print Post

Just about managed to squeeze everything into a case !! Hope everyone's ready for the off tomorrow, I can't wait !!
Pages in this thread: << 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | [112] | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to