General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | [115] | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MikeyGrant89
(newbie) Tue 04-Jul-17 09:57:43
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Jem8472] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jem8472:
I just woke up to an email from BT recruitment. I have been offered an assessment day of the 11th July in Newmarket. smile Time to get my game face on.

Congratulations! This forum really helped me with my assessment. Just read through it before the day and you will smash it! My personal advice is to brush up on English and maths. The tests are not of a high level but you do need to meet a certain standard. That was the only part I wasn't worried about afterwards. Also, take a bottle of water as we were not offered a drink and believe me, you will need one between tests/interviews.
Standard User Jem8472
(newbie) Tue 04-Jul-17 10:01:20
Print Post

[re: MikeyGrant89] [link to this post]

Thanks. I will make sure I take a drink and some snack. I am not sure how is best to brush up on the English and Maths.

I have done one recently which I passed for a different company but I am still a bit nervous about doing it. It depends how complex it gets. Working out percentage changes and adding or multiplying fractions I find hard.

Are the tests multiple choice?
(newbie) Tue 04-Jul-17 10:32:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by Jem8472:
Thanks. I will make sure I take a drink and some snack. I am not sure how is best to brush up on the English and Maths.

I have done one recently which I passed for a different company but I am still a bit nervous about doing it. It depends how complex it gets. Working out percentage changes and adding or multiplying fractions I find hard.

Are the tests multiple choice?

I used BBC bitesize for the maths and English revision. Just stick to long division/multiplication, percentages, fractions, grammar, punctuation. Don't go into anything too complicated. I done some pyhtagoras and other more complicated subjects but I did not need it. Look for maths and English aptitude tests on Google to practice once you've done a bit of revision. They will also give you an idea of what to expect on the day.

Some questions are. On others, you have to enter the answer manually on the keyboard.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User athomas1
(newbie) Tue 04-Jul-17 17:41:32
Print Post

[re: mckeo5514] [link to this post]

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum.

I went to the assessment centre recently and I have received an email back to say that I have passed the assessment centre however there are no positions in my area at the minute. Has anyone else had this as I was told at the assessment centre that there were positions for everyone if everyone passed?

Any advice would be grateful.
Standard User McGregor66
(newbie) Tue 04-Jul-17 17:57:05
Print Post

Well done on getting the assessment centre. Brush up on wiring a plug and practice Maths & English and you will be fine.

Anyone already doing the fibre jointing course? Any good?
Standard User Baivox
(newbie) Tue 04-Jul-17 18:31:43
Print Post

[re: McGregor66] [link to this post]

Disclosure Scotland came through the post today. Sent this on to BT!

What sort of steps happen from this point onwards? Just a waiting game now I assume?
(newbie) Tue 04-Jul-17 19:22:09
Print Post

[re: athomas1] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by athomas1:
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum.

I went to the assessment centre recently and I have received an email back to say that I have passed the assessment centre however there are no positions in my area at the minute. Has anyone else had this as I was told at the assessment centre that there were positions for everyone if everyone passed?

Any advice would be grateful.

Hi mate,

I was also told there were no positions in my area after passing the assessment centre. I have since been offered a job. It was just under a 4 week wait for myself but I suppose the wait depends on what is needed in your area. Hope you hear soon as the wait is killer. As they say, there is a position for everyone. Although, it does seem like you will get straight into a job when they tell you that. That's the way I took it anyway.
Standard User athomas1
(newbie) Tue 04-Jul-17 19:55:19
Print Post

Hi MikeyGrant89,

Congrats on getting the job.

Yeah, that was my impression that if you've passed the assessment centre then they would let you know however it seems now [after what you have entered] that is not the case. Hopefully I will here back soon or at least as quick as you.

Like everyone on this thread, I assumed that the assessment centre would be the hardest part when in fact the hardest part is waiting to hear if/when you can start.
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Tue 04-Jul-17 20:05:39
Print Post

[re: Baivox] [link to this post]

Pretty much a waiting game yes, I emailed it to them and asked for read receipt and I'm currently on week 7 of my training and no sign of a read receipt yet wink
What will happen is you'll get an email saying your ready to start it's been a while but if I remember correctly it will have your ein/uin in it. Also mentions a managers name but that's only your hiring manager will be around week 3 or 4 till you'll meet your actual manager. Or at least your training team manager.

About 2 weeks before your start date you'll get a call to set up travel.

At this point just trust things are happening in the background.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User DJNK80
(newbie) Tue 04-Jul-17 20:12:05
Print Post

Hi everyone,
So who has a start date of the 31st July?
Northwest Placement:
Cheshire

If so, have you received a location and information email yet?
I think i remember Tamara at BT Recruitment speak of a pre-paid train ticket to the induction centre in Staffordshire, where i'll be inducted for a week, get a van at the end of that week and then apparently buddy up with a qualified engineer in Bolton for my training.

Is this something anybody else has had yet from the recruitment team?
Also any detailed updates from guys in the training scheme would be appreciated,
What to expect in the first couple of weeks, vans?, PPE kit? buddy training expectations? traing exams?

thanks in advance guys.

Edited by DJNK80 (Tue 04-Jul-17 22:13:03)

Pages in this thread: << 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | [115] | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to