General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | [119] | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User JordanBD
(newbie) Fri 07-Jul-17 11:16:13
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: DJNK80] [link to this post]

Originally I was supposed to be doing customer engineer role and would be based in Norbury, but yesterday I got a phone call saying there has been some slight changes.
So I'm not sure where I will be based now.
So yea Infrastructure delivery role is 3 weeks classroom based and the rest of training will be done live.

Coming from London and as far as I know will be at yarnfield for the first 2 weeks not sure on the 3rd
Standard User TheGingerFlash
(newbie) Fri 07-Jul-17 16:03:57
Print Post

[re: DundeeJambo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by DundeeJambo:
Alright guys.

Hope everyone is enjoying training so far, start on Monday and been told via email I'm FVR.

Anyone currently doing this? How different is the training, what's the van like and any idea if there are local training bases in Scotland for the later weeks?

Cheers

Am also interested in what this role is? Anyone help?
Standard User Swanseajack91
(member) Fri 07-Jul-17 18:50:05
Print Post

[re: MC31] [link to this post]

Yeah you can go down and move ladder... but that's a ball ache! Climbing is good fun in nice conditions haha.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Fri 07-Jul-17 23:16:48
Print Post

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Swanseajack91:
Yeah you can go down and move ladder... but that's a ball ache! Climbing is good fun in nice conditions haha.

We live in england what are these nice conditions of which you speak?

Week of my drop wiring course all it did was p*ss down. I can say with absolute certainty though the gortex gear works really well.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User DSLJ
(newbie) Sat 08-Jul-17 08:17:44
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Hi Everyone,

Firstly just want to thank you all for all the information on here. I have been following the thread for a few months now and found it extremely useful! I recently passes my Assesmemt a couple of weeks ago and had a phone call last week confirming my start date location! Can't wait to start the end of August but was wondering if anyone could tell me how long you wait before you hear anything else? My phone call was end of last week but had nothing since with any tasks to complete ect. Is this normal?

Thanks again everyone your advice helped me get this far!
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Sat 08-Jul-17 11:45:10
Print Post

[re: DSLJ] [link to this post]

Its pretty normal yes, for me my assessment was 29th March and then I was told I had the job 5th April following that I heard nothing till 10th April with contract and first tasks, then again 2 days later with additional tasks.

It was then not till the 5th May that I had anymore contact and that was an email telling me I was ready to start then I got a call to arrange my travel to Yarnfield on 9th may and again nothing till the Friday before I was due to be there that was another email inviting me to a conference call, the conference call is pretty useless as it just goes over the content of the email and everyone discusses their holidays. You dont need to be there and you wont be missing anything.

Then Sunday night head to Yarnfield smile

I believe now though they send out some of your kit before you get there so I guess you'll get in a round about sort of way a little more contact than I did lol.
You will still need a big bag to come home with from yarnfield you'll get extra kit and it all looks the same so a big bag means you'll know which is yours and it will all fit.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.

Edited by ShavedApe (Sat 08-Jul-17 16:45:07)

Standard User DSLJ
(newbie) Sat 08-Jul-17 14:22:35
Print Post

Thanks for the information ShavedApe! Hopefully should get my contract sometime within the next week or two then as this takes me to a month before my start date.

Found your posts in particular really informative documenting the process and feel very prepared to start from reading them!

Anybody had training in Livingston yet? If so what's it like? Not heard anyone mention going there yet.
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Sat 08-Jul-17 19:01:25
Print Post

[re: DSLJ] [link to this post]

Happy to have helped

Standard User Jem8472
(newbie) Sun 09-Jul-17 10:58:55
Print Post

I have just been looking through my wardrobe and trying to decide what to wear to my assessment day. It says smart casual. I am guessing it might look like I don't read emails if I turn up in a full suit. So a nice shirt, no tie, suit trousers and shoes. Is that acceptable?
Standard User DSLJ
(newbie) Sun 09-Jul-17 11:07:43
Print Post

[re: Jem8472] [link to this post]

I was wearing a shirt and tie for my assessment with smart trousers and shoes. I was surprised at how many people were in full suits at my assessment to be honest! I would say go with the tie maybe but don't worry to much about full suit especially with the weather at the minute being so hot.
Pages in this thread: << 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | [119] | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to