General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | [126] | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Sat 15-Jul-17 20:09:43
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

So much to take in and in so little time my heads a bit battered right now. I expect it to be different once Im out there but I wont be bending some rules like I know others do cutting corners to make things go a little quicker I can understand but no sash lines when putting up a drop wire I think not.

I was told oh I just throw it over the first step and then as I'm climbing take it up with me and then use a dogs [censored] to pull it tight! I wont be doing that I value my job and my life way too much.

Cant wait to be on the other end of the buddying though ill feel like an actual field engineer then.

How have you found it?

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User Swanseajack91
(member) Sat 15-Jul-17 20:19:44
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Yeah I know what you mean, have heard some right horror stories a lot if it comes down to judgement call what's safe and what's not etc. Most lads I have spoken too won't do a dropwire across a road without a hoist!
I'm loving it you learn so much out in the field can't wait to get out there on my own to be honest.
The buddy you have makes all the difference so hopefully you get a good one!
Standard User Tvwize86
(regular) Sat 15-Jul-17 21:51:01
Print Post

In reply to a post by ShavedApe:
So much to take in and in so little time my heads a bit battered right now. I expect it to be different once Im out there but I wont be bending some rules like I know others do cutting corners to make things go a little quicker I can understand but no sash lines when putting up a drop wire I think not.

Mate, I've just finished week 4 doing my frames buddying. I don't know if my head is still attached! Managed to get my accreditation but sure seamed alot harder than just running a couple of jumpers laugh haha

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Sun 16-Jul-17 14:13:19
Print Post

[re: Tvwize86] [link to this post]

It's just 2 wires lol, still not sure I can remember what an mpf is or an smpf and of course pstn lol.
So on to street works and poles steps and ladders for you is it? Not too bad that one, sure there's an assessment but it's all assessments just some feel more like an exam than others. Take notes and use them even when you go outside.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User Jem8472
(newbie) Sun 16-Jul-17 20:46:42
Print Post

Hello all, I am just wondering if anyone who recently past an assessment day would be willing to share with me, either on here or by pm, what thier answer for dealing with a difficult customer was. I had a good one ready, or so I thought, but it was deemed not challenging enough.

I just want to try and get an idea of what they want. Hopefully they will be recruiting in my area next year.
Standard User penfold357
(newbie) Mon 17-Jul-17 12:40:10
Print Post

[re: Jem8472] [link to this post]

I was on the same day as you (11th July) and I got the same generic "you weren't passionate enough about x,y,z" email that you got. The thing is, they said I wasn't passionate about change and learning while in the interviews I'd made a point of how much I've enjoyed contracting at different companies the last year; how many people I've met, how many new things I've learnt. They made no comment about lack of customer service and I'll admit my 'difficult customer' answer was, to be honest, a bit $h1t. Personally, I think the email's just generic and doesn't actually relate to how your interview went. I'd say it's just more of a 'thanks, but no thanks' brush off than anything else. Of course, I didn't help much that the guys doing my 'capability' interview just couldn't have looked less interested if they'd tried. In fact, the only thing the lead interviewer seemed at all interested in was looking at his watch and how behind schedule he was.

Edited by penfold357 (Mon 17-Jul-17 12:41:03)

Standard User Jem8472
(newbie) Mon 17-Jul-17 13:43:06
Print Post

[re: penfold357] [link to this post]

So it wasn't just me that got rejected.

I did feel the day was not very organised considering what high standards they seem to have for their new applicants.

I will reapply and I will be a lot more prepared for their questions but some I did feel whatever your answer they could just say it was wrong.
Standard User penfold357
(newbie) Mon 17-Jul-17 14:02:34
Print Post

[re: mnt2911] [link to this post]

Were you on the morning or afternoon session? The morning one was, TBH, a bit of a shambles. Two of the three engineers really looked like they were only there for a day off (only the female engineer seemed at all interested), they gave us the wrong address and we all went to the golf course instead of the race course (was this our first test? I think not, more likely just a cock-up), the laptops for the maths/english test kept failing, and the some of the wire-strippers hadn't been calibrated properly. I'm torn between trying again next year and just giving it all up as a lost day's wages and moving on, which is a shame as I was really excited about the job the last few months.
Standard User Jem8472
(newbie) Mon 17-Jul-17 14:07:13
Print Post

[re: penfold357] [link to this post]

I was in the afternoon session. Apart from being emailed the correct address it sounds pretty much the same. Jodie was the only engineer that looked interested and that she wanted to be there. There were a few problems with the laptops.

In the interview where they dealt with change and learning did the two guys write anything down? mine didn't which I found odd at the time.
Standard User Ryan6
(newbie) Mon 17-Jul-17 20:07:12
Print Post

[re: Jem8472] [link to this post]

Well maybe next year for me then, received this email today

Hi,

Thank you for your Openreach Trainee Engineer application and patience during the application process.

We have unfortunately filled all the vacancies within your location so we will be closing your application for this year.

*If Openreach open any additional vacancies for this year, please be assured we will be in touch.

We want to thank you again and wish you every success in the future.

Regards
BT Recruitment Team
Pages in this thread: << 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | [126] | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to