General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | [128] | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 8skellerns
(experienced) Fri 21-Jul-17 16:40:18
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Rhamilton32] [link to this post]

I am : )
Standard User Villa1874
(newbie) Fri 21-Jul-17 18:01:21
Print Post

[re: knight91] [link to this post]

Hi I start on the 31 and had email I will be staying in Best western in stoke on Trent in the frist week and Yarnfield the second week.
Standard User MrSpud
(learned) Fri 21-Jul-17 18:53:36
Print Post

[re: Villa1874] [link to this post]

Just wanted to update you all on my journey through the apprentice program. I have just completed week 4 which has been frames buddying and accreditation. It's a lot to take in and if I'm honest I'm not 100% on it. Luckily for me there are lots of permanent frames people who for one reason or another can't do outside work, so the chances of me doing it again are quite slim. People on my course have failed it and have failed quite spectaculars and will need to redo it later.

Also found out that one guy from our intake has been told not to come back because he simply cannot drive. If you don't drive very often or haven't since you passed your test go hire a car for a few hours. It's crazy to think that people turn up every week and can't drive. The instructors at Yarnfield will confirm that people do it!

So next week is working safely, working at height then street works. Following week is dropwirea but at Yarnfield which I have been told today is full so have no idea where we are staying, hopefully somewhere swanky with a decent bar, everything Yarnfield isn't!

If you want to know anything let me know

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User JordanBD
(newbie) Fri 21-Jul-17 19:01:25
Print Post

I got told the same thing, so they are putting me in the Holiday Inn Express in Stafford
Standard User MohammadAli
(newbie) Fri 21-Jul-17 19:05:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by knight91:
Starting on the 31st here too, and no uniform yet either!

Also no idea if its the same for you guys, but just been told there's no accommodation at Yarnfield available for the first week, so i'll be staying in Stafford somewhere!

Yes I'm the same,been
Told Yarnfield Booked So In Stafford first week Hotel then Yarnfield second Week.

Mohammad Ali
Standard User knight91
(newbie) Fri 21-Jul-17 19:18:01
Print Post

[re: MohammadAli] [link to this post]

Looks like we're all in the same boat then! Are you guys are all doing infrastructure delivery?
Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 21-Jul-17 19:34:06
Print Post

[re: MrSpud] [link to this post]

Agreed about hiring a vehicle; but suggest a van, or a car followed by a van.

Although the general mechanics are similar, using the outside mirrors only is distinctly different.

As a lot of the working van journeys will be short, involving frequent parking followed by pulling out in to the main traffic stream, a series of short to medium runs in a hired van are more appropriate, than a lengthy motorway run.

======

I presume it is the same rules regarding an Automatic Gear Driving Licence and a full Manual Automatic Driving Licence - probably UK only.

Edited by eckiedoo (Fri 21-Jul-17 20:00:10)

Standard User Shugbroon
(newbie) Fri 21-Jul-17 20:21:50
Print Post

[re: MrSpud] [link to this post]

What's the point in them sending all your kit out before you go to yarnfield, only for them to tell us to bring it all down anyway?! Lol
Standard User GDLuke
(newbie) Fri 21-Jul-17 23:01:41
Print Post

[re: MohammadAli] [link to this post]

I'm also staying at the Best Western week 1 (31st). I was told it would be in Stafford but looks like this has changed to Stoke-On-Trent. I'm on FVR.

Also, I finally finished with my previous employer today after knowing I would be leaving for ages. I'm buzzing to start this job.

Edited by GDLuke (Fri 21-Jul-17 23:06:52)

Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 22-Jul-17 07:29:26
Print Post

[re: Shugbroon] [link to this post]

It may be that OR's central clothing and equipment store may be too far from Yarnfield.

Sending them to you may be a way of allowing you to try the clothing for size and possibly comfort, particularly foot-wear, so that there is a chance of sorting out any problems before Yarnfield.

-------

Changed days from entering the RAF in 1957, my issued beret was dated 1951 and was of a very early "pattern" discontinued in 1952. (Previously had been "forage/field-service caps", also known as "fore and aft".)

Within a month of being exposed to daylight, it looked as though it was even older, having faded to grey, much to the jealousy of my fellow-recruits, with their almost bright-blue attire.
Pages in this thread: << 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | [128] | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to