General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | [129] | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User JordanBD
(newbie) Sat 22-Jul-17 11:07:31
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: knight91] [link to this post]

Yes I'm doing infrastructure also
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Sat 22-Jul-17 12:16:43
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Finally!!!!!Back at yarnfield september 5th,had to wait ages for another slot even though i was told i could slip back in whenever!!Frustrating thing is ive got to do the whole process again even the basic stuff as thats what HR have said,even order all my uniform again.even though i have the lot with laptop and phone??Ive also got to do the whole tedious first week again when i was told i could just slot into another group where i left off.Cant believe ur nearly all done allready when u started a few weeks after my first stint,its gone well quick.Glad u av pushed through with it after ur earlier reservations and bet ur ready to get out on ur own now??i have a mate who applied with me and started a week before my first yarnfield stint and hes allready pushing for a new training module!!
(member) Sat 22-Jul-17 12:22:06
Print Post

[re: eckiedoo] [link to this post]

They now send it to you as its so much to have to carry home with you after week 1 and you dont need it all in week 1.theres no need to take all your shirts and trousers as all classroom based,you dont need your big coat and waterproofs and only need to take 1 pair of boots,so its easier to have it delivered to your house and then out it all in your van when you go back down for week 2.Yes you were told previously to take a suitcase to put it all in on week 1 but its still got to be all loaded into a couple of empty vans when you go to magna park to fetch your van at the end of week 1,and it was taking ages for people to sort there stuff,then find their vans,as there are hundreds there,then get off,so by sending them direct to you at there cost financially,it saves a lot of time and messing about with issuing and transportation in week 1

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Shugbroon
(newbie) Sat 22-Jul-17 17:49:32
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

I get what your saying but they say in the emails and on the conference call to take it all down with you if you have received it &#129300;
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Sat 22-Jul-17 18:11:10
Print Post

Never really had any reservations just was a little worried I might not handle the pole too well. The pole is fine it's turning on it that I hate and finding a spare can be a pain.
2 more weeks and I'm out on my own smile

Gutted for you that you have to start again that first week is painfully boring second week not much better, third week is much better.

We had a guy in our training group who had to leave his training because of personal reasons and they slotted him in on ours towards the end of week 2 so it's strange they didn't do the same for you.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User SC999
(learned) Sun 23-Jul-17 08:45:26
Print Post

[re: Shugbroon] [link to this post]

Well, it seems along time ago since I first filled in my application online (May 2016) and today is the day I finally head down to Yarnfield to start my training. I would just like to thank all the contributors to this forum, your posts have been invaluable for me, and I'm sure others who are just about to start find them a great help in not only the assessment day preparations, but what to expect once you have been successful in your application and start your training.

All the best!
Standard User MrSpud
(learned) Sun 23-Jul-17 09:30:01
Print Post

[re: SC999] [link to this post]

Good luck to you

Have fun and remember the 1st 2 weeks are by far the worst, just stick at it. I'm back at Yarnfield next week myself although I have no idea where we are staying
(member) Sun 23-Jul-17 09:51:47
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Personal reasons maybe in their eyes different to my situation as they said i could be in breach of my contract so i never questioned it and was just thankfull for the new date really,even if i have to do week 1 again,im not that bothered though just looking forward to picking up where i left off
Standard User Dippa
(learned) Sun 23-Jul-17 10:28:36
Print Post

Just been told my job role! You have been matched to a Service Delivery Fault Volume Reduction role.

From what I've read, this is a good role to be in ?
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Sun 23-Jul-17 12:26:27
Print Post

[re: Dippa] [link to this post]

Yeah FVR is a good role to be in supposed to be faster track to UG but I've also heard to make it fair FVR now have to take the internal wiring course to benefit from the pay increase. I believe it's a different van big fiat if I remember correctly

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Pages in this thread: << 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | [129] | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to