General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | [131] | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Dippa
(learned) Sun 23-Jul-17 17:55:05
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: MohammadAli] [link to this post]

Ah thanks for the info mate. Hopefully we find out how we'll be getting to and from the hotel before we go.

I've dropped you a pm also mate, checking what time your train time is at
Standard User MohammadAli
(newbie) Sun 23-Jul-17 18:11:33
Print Post

[re: Dippa] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Dippa:
Ah thanks for the info mate. Hopefully we find out how we'll be getting to and from the hotel before we go.

I've dropped you a pm also mate, checking what time your train time is at

No worries Mate.

Replied To PM.

Mohammad Ali
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Sun 23-Jul-17 18:36:57
Print Post

[re: MohammadAli] [link to this post]

The lads on the week before i first went were in best western hotel and had to catch the bus which goes past the hotel and to yarnfield site,it was just a normal bus which they had to pay for then claim back.That was may though,they might provide a shuttle now but be prepared to use the public transport.They got a meal allowance for breakfast and tea and then obviously u av lunch at yarnfield

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User food4life
(newbie) Sun 23-Jul-17 19:08:46
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

what job roles are there and whats the best 1 out of them ?

thanks
Standard User MrSpud
(regular) Sun 23-Jul-17 22:29:17
Print Post

[re: food4life] [link to this post]

Calomi which is customer apps and line one man installer. Basically the front line installing in customers homes etc

FVR fault volume reduction which is fixing and upgrading to avoid faults

Fibre jointer which is installing the fibre lines underground

There is no reall best job, they are what you want them to be. From what I have seen it's easier to become multi skilled going from CALOMI as all you need is the UG course. Where as FVR need to do internal wiring which is a skill they don't really need, so convincing your manager that you need to do it could be tough.
Standard User Dippa
(learned) Sun 23-Jul-17 22:46:18
Print Post

[re: MrSpud] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSpud:
Calomi which is customer apps and line one man installer. Basically the front line installing in customers homes etc

FVR fault volume reduction which is fixing and upgrading to avoid faults

Fibre jointer which is installing the fibre lines underground

There is no reall best job, they are what you want them to be. From what I have seen it's easier to become multi skilled going from CALOMI as all you need is the UG course. Where as FVR need to do internal wiring which is a skill they don't really need, so convincing your manager that you need to do it could be tough.

I thought it was easier to become multi skilled going from FVR because you already have UG training, which is harder as a Calomi ? Plus you're on a higher pay grade ?
Standard User MrSpud
(regular) Sun 23-Jul-17 23:01:15
Print Post

Everyone is paid the same until multi skilled. Calomi just need the ug which can be used as part of role, FVR don't need to do indoor wiring so why would you pay for someone to do it?
Standard User Dippa
(regular) Sun 23-Jul-17 23:06:03
Print Post

[re: MrSpud] [link to this post]

Ah fair enough but when did they bring in that FVR needed wiring to get on the higher pay ? Forgive me if i'm wrong but I thought FVR was already on the higher pay ? smile

Edited by Dippa (Sun 23-Jul-17 23:13:36)

Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Sun 23-Jul-17 23:21:14
Print Post

Im doing fvr and there is a £3000 pay difference after the 12 months which is what i gave been told but it is a new rate this year as they have changed the pay structure so anyone who tells u thats allready an employee will on a different pay grade anyway,they just told us that everyone starts on 20 grand but the ug training that u do on ur 12 weeks training whilst doing FVR puts u up a pay grade.I may be wrong and im sure i will find out after a year but i was told it will be 23,000 for calomi and £26,000 for FVR after 12 months plus bonus
Standard User Dippa
(regular) Sun 23-Jul-17 23:24:25
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lincsboy1979:
Im doing fvr and there is a £3000 pay difference after the 12 months which is what i gave been told but it is a new rate this year as they have changed the pay structure so anyone who tells u thats allready an employee will on a different pay grade anyway,they just told us that everyone starts on 20 grand but the ug training that u do on ur 12 weeks training whilst doing FVR puts u up a pay grade.I may be wrong and im sure i will find out after a year but i was told it will be 23,000 for calomi and £26,000 for FVR after 12 months plus bonus

This what I've heard also.

Who told you it was a £3000 difference if you don't mind me asking ?

Are FJ on a higher pay grade also, if you know or heard ?

Edited by Dippa (Sun 23-Jul-17 23:26:07)

Pages in this thread: << 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | [131] | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to