General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | [137] | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Andyarran
(newbie) Sat 29-Jul-17 17:53:12
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: MikeyGrant89] [link to this post]

Infrastructure Delivery retrofit cablers position:

About the training:
o the first induction training week will be at Yarnfield
o then the middle part of the training would be held at Bolton
o and the final, buddying period will be at the same location as your job location would be

Does anyone know anything about this role? Don't seem to see many people posting about it! Making me a little nervous.

Start training on the 21st of August

Edited by Andyarran (Sat 29-Jul-17 18:00:12)

Standard User DSLJ
(newbie) Sat 29-Jul-17 19:08:43
Print Post

[re: MikeyGrant89] [link to this post]

As far as I am aware it would be staying there during the week then travelling home on weekends. Not sure if they will let you commute or not depending where you live. Would be to far for me to travel each day! I was told it's only 7 weeks there.
Standard User Arwelboy
(newbie) Sat 29-Jul-17 22:47:37
Print Post

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

Just out of interest are we paid overtime if we finish late even during our first 12 months?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Dippa
(regular) Sun 30-Jul-17 01:28:33
Print Post

[re: Dippa] [link to this post]

If you're staying in a hotel, I'm guessing you're suitcase stays there the whole week ?

What do you do with your belongings on the last day, take it to Yarnfield I'm guessing ?

Anyone able to shed some light here please
Standard User MohammadAli
(newbie) Sun 30-Jul-17 07:48:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by Dippa:
If you're staying in a hotel, I'm guessing you're suitcase stays there the whole week ?

What do you do with your belongings on the last day, take it to Yarnfield I'm guessing ?

Anyone able to shed some light here please

I believe so yes We do take belongings with us last day to Yarnfield ,
Need to clear it with guys at Yarnfield but I've got a few question which I'LL Ask them Tommorow.

I'm hoping to get to hotel by 7pm Tonight.

Mohammad Ali
Standard User MrSpud
(regular) Sun 30-Jul-17 10:53:06
Print Post

[re: Arwelboy] [link to this post]

Overtime can get a bit complicated. They do go through it all more than once. We have a flex balance which can be plus or minus 6 hours. The general rule of thumb is keep it at plus or minus 3 as it gives you some"flex". Overtime is a thing and the payment can be good. I've been through it 3 times and I'm still not 100% on it
Standard User Swanseajack91
(member) Sun 30-Jul-17 11:32:32
Print Post

[re: Arwelboy] [link to this post]

Overtime is paid as normal once your out on your own, anything up to an hour is flex and you can be +6 or -6. Once you go an hour over you get paid over time which is roughly about £14 an hour for me anyway... you can definitely get it in the first 12 months as I got paid it last month and I have worked 10 hours over this week.
You can apply for Saturdays also which work out a bit more about 130-140 for a full day, I'm doing one next week and it's only my second week.

If you have a good idea of what your doing and you can display your know what your doing to your manager they love giving you Saturdays, well in my area anyway.

There is also lodge where you can go away to a different part of the country I believe you get £700 per week paid upfront for accommodation and what most guys do is group together and pay 100 a week each for a apartment or something plus you work over time because there nothing much else to do when you get back. From speaking to the guys who have been on years there is money to be made if you want to earn it!
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Sun 30-Jul-17 23:51:20
Print Post

Not sure why it just is. i was sent a schedule with 2 weejs at yarnfield then rest local but when i arrived it was weeks 1/2/3/4 6/7/9/10 all at yarnfield as not all training centres do FVR.like i said a lot of whats sent beforehand is generic so best waiting until you get there and dont plan anything until after day 1.1 lad was from london,thought he was doing 2 weeks at yarnfield then rest in london,on day 1 he was allocated fibre jointing and would b doing weeks 1/2 im yarnfield and 3/4/6/7/10/12 in bolton as only fibre jointing place,he was totally thrown out and also not happy as he wasnt getting his van to go home in as fibre jointers dont till week 5 so he was well spun.Like i said as having experience of week 1 i wouldnt plan anything,the hiring team at yarnfield are in charge of ur training and will change things round to suit any gaps that need filling
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Sun 30-Jul-17 23:54:19
Print Post

[re: Swanseajack91] [link to this post]

do u get the bonus in first 3 months or only after 12 months,when u speak to different engineers its a bit of a grey area that no one really understands
Standard User Swanseajack91
(member) Mon 31-Jul-17 06:30:07
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

We got the bonus but it was in error so we have to pay it back... the first year is 20k salary and what ever overtime you do on completion of the NVQ it goes up to 23k +10%.
Pages in this thread: << 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | [137] | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to