General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | [141] | 142 | 143 | 144 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ghostrocket
(newbie) Fri 11-Aug-17 10:43:10
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Hi all

I just wanted to say thanks for this thread, I purposely created an account..... I have just been successful and been offered a role with Openreach and without this thread, I seriously doubt that I would have been prepared.

To anyone planning on doing it read this thread honestly its full of information and I am happy to give you my experience.

To anyone who was at Colchester Assessment yesterday morning feel free to PM me and let me know how you got on.

I start 2nd October smile

Thanks all

Please note these are my own thoughts and opinions!

Edited by Ghostrocket (Fri 11-Aug-17 10:46:33)

Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Fri 11-Aug-17 16:47:02
Print Post

Now been live for a couple of days and my pwa (preferred work area) is now a lot closer to home I'm much happier so far never been more than 20 mins from home.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Sat 12-Aug-17 18:10:53
Print Post

R u enjoying it then mate??im back for my second yarnfield stint in 3 weeks now,cant wait.whats the take home for a basic month mate??

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Nrfk24
(newbie) Sun 13-Aug-17 11:54:46
Print Post

I now only have two weeks left of buddying before I go live! Any questions, ask away.
Standard User Luke_the_nuke
(newbie) Sun 13-Aug-17 21:49:24
Print Post

[re: Nrfk24] [link to this post]

I have been hearing some horror stories and wanted some feedback from the guys who have been there for a while. I have heard of you fail your training/ tests you lose the job and you have to repay £2k! Also the training isnt very do-able in 12 months! How true is this?

Is the training hard? Does it feel to rushed? How easy does it feel to pass this within the 12months?

Also what is the average working hours you guys have experienced so far?

How far away from home have you been working?

Would appreciate any of these being cleared up.

Thanks.
Standard User MC31
(member) Sun 13-Aug-17 22:28:45
Print Post

[re: Luke_the_nuke] [link to this post]

have heard of you fail your training/ tests you lose the job and you have to repay £2k!

I cant belive that to be true , would you not have been told so if true ? Sounds like BS to me.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Standard User food4life
(newbie) Sun 13-Aug-17 22:51:47
Print Post

In reply to a post by Luke_the_nuke:
I have been hearing some horror stories and wanted some feedback from the guys who have been there for a while. I have heard of you fail your training/ tests you lose the job and you have to repay £2k! Also the training isnt very do-able in 12 months! How true is this?

Is the training hard? Does it feel to rushed? How easy does it feel to pass this within the 12months?

Also what is the average working hours you guys have experienced so far?

How far away from home have you been working?

Would appreciate any of these being cleared up.

Thanks.

i heard sumthink similar tbh especially with the trainning
Standard User eazzy
(newbie) Sun 13-Aug-17 23:03:56
Print Post

on my 2nd week and can confirm som of this you must pass tests but given 2 attempts or they let u go but fingers crossed. the course seems like a lot of work but cant help with work load as not started yet. u do have to travel 1 hour each way for free tho which sucks
Standard User Ghostrocket
(newbie) Mon 14-Aug-17 11:32:18
Print Post

[re: eazzy] [link to this post]

when you say tests can you give us examples?

Please note these are my own thoughts and opinions!
Standard User gouledw
(regular) Mon 14-Aug-17 18:09:43
Print Post

[re: eazzy] [link to this post]

The 2 attempts has always been there. However the amount of help you should receive, failing should be difficult. And as always if you ever feel you’re struggling ask for help. If you ask for help in a formal manner such as in writing (email) then your manager MUST give it to you. You’re never just sacked for poorly performing. There are proper procedures as well as consulatation with the union reps in all of these cases. Make sure you’re a member of the union for sure.
Pages in this thread: << 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | [141] | 142 | 143 | 144 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to