General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | [143] | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Sun 20-Aug-17 15:50:09
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Dslammer] [link to this post]

I have my first NVQ day next week so I guess I will understand more of what needs to be done but so far I have seen no issues with getting photographic evidence of doing tasks.
You have buddies, people on assists, manager visits and even coaching in the field to get photos done. You are given a laminate that shows you what evidence is required and 12 months to get it all together.
Its not one Manager arranging things for 1500 people I now have a training Manager when I started I had the same manager as every other recruit but you are given another manager a few weeks in.

You are responsible for gathering evidence but as I said you are given a laminate and a lot of the photos you can take yourself or use other people and the proveit app.

I left a job at tesco for this one trust me when I say the only thing attractive about a job at tescos is that its a job.

This one is worth the effort in my opinion and I will be giving it everything I have to make sure I complete it I have met a fair few people further on in the process than me and they dont seem concerned about how things are going. The help from what I have seen so far is there if you ask for it.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User 8skellerns
(experienced) Sun 20-Aug-17 20:00:38
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Ive heard from guys at yarnfield (ive just done my second week up their, got meet my manager day tomorrow then down to croydon for a week!) that buddying is hard work ringing around with no help to find someone to buddy with! This true?
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Mon 21-Aug-17 17:36:33
Print Post

[re: 8skellerns] [link to this post]

Nope not true at all in fact not your problem its up to your manager to sort you a buddy. It can be tough for them to find someone but as I say not really your problem.

Met my field coach today nice guy super helpful and easy going have him with me all day tomorrow.

Also testing out a new app coach in your pocket smile bit like facetime with a coach but could be useful at times for sure because being able to show someone what Im seeing is a lot easier than trying to explain it to them.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SteCunningham
(newbie) Mon 21-Aug-17 18:24:12
Print Post

Hi ShavedApe. Sounds like you are enjoying the training. I start 25th Sept and can't wait. Quick question if you don't mind. How strict are they if needing a day off during training? I could really do with the Friday off on my 2nd week which is hardly ideal when I will have only just started!
Standard User Arwelboy
(newbie) Mon 21-Aug-17 18:41:22
Print Post

[re: SteCunningham] [link to this post]

Hello all,

I'm sure this question has been answered somewhere but I don't seem to be able to find it in the thread.Has anyone got any idea what the role code TMNEA means?

Cheers.
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Mon 21-Aug-17 19:06:54
Print Post

They dont allow people days off during the first 12 weeks unless pre booked, I had to beg to get half a day for my daughters graduation on week 9 which was effectively the start of my final buddying period.
At the begging Des said it would be ok but then once I was on the course the same answer kept coming back and it was a no/maybe depending on who I asked.
Its not like shes getting married one manager said "no your right its like she's graduating university lol"

Worst bit is when they finally set me up with a buddy I took on his roster pattern and it gave me that day off anyway but because they arrange the early managers days where your group all attend together I still had to turn up in the morning for a managers day.

So in short chances are they wont let you but you can always ask. The second friday we missed entirely because of a bank holiday on the monday before so everything moved a day behind so I guess that friday isnt as important as some of the others.

In reply to a post by Arwelboy:
Hello all,

I'm sure this question has been answered somewhere but I don't seem to be able to find it in the thread.Has anyone got any idea what the role code TMNEA means?

Cheers.

Everyone gets TMNEA i believe its to do with your contract so basically means your on this years contract because last years was a lot different. You probably wont find out your role unless you have already been told until day one at Yarnfield but you can assume your probably CALOMI the majority of us are.

Edited by ShavedApe (Mon 21-Aug-17 19:09:07)

Standard User Arwelboy
(newbie) Mon 21-Aug-17 20:33:55
Print Post

Top man cheers
Standard User SteCunningham
(newbie) Tue 22-Aug-17 11:45:41
Print Post

Thanks for answering mate
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Tue 22-Aug-17 20:02:18
Print Post

How is everyone finding the SVQ/NVQ?
Standard User TwoOaks
(newbie) Wed 23-Aug-17 14:04:42
Print Post

[re: Ghostrocket] [link to this post]

Ghostrocket,

I also start on 2nd October and can't wait. I have been told that I will be doing FVR. Does anyone have a bit more info on this role. I have gone through this thread and whilst there is snippets here and there not to much.

My assessment day was at Bedford on 9th August got the call the following day offering me the job. Any other chaps here undertake that same day?

Luke
Pages in this thread: << 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | [143] | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to