General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | [145] | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MC31
(member) Thu 31-Aug-17 20:58:14
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Jamesk1] [link to this post]

I am not a fibre jointer but do see them about , its a big Fiat Ducato i think. Some good stuff on it from what i have seen.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Standard User Cal550
(learned) Sat 02-Sep-17 17:08:50
Print Post

[re: Leezer01] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Leezer01:
Am starting 18th September. Got told at assesment day I will be training in Livingston but have had no info so far.

Am going to be based on thurso. Anyone else from up here?

I'm officialy based in Inverness, sort of close haha. But I work more down the Loch Ness area, I know a few of the engineers up in the Thurso patch, couple were on training at the same time as me. Started last October. Know the training's changed since then but yeah all Scotland's engineers goes to Livingston for the main part of their training as far as I know.
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Sun 03-Sep-17 17:01:49
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Finally on train to yarnfield to restart my training at 2nd attempt,seems like its been ages and all the lads i was taaining with first time around will be live now but least im back now and raring to go,bit silly i have to do first few days again but all new faces so looking forward to it,must say it looks like they have improved things in the last few months as to how the whole process is done&#128077;&#128077;

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Leezer01
(newbie) Sun 03-Sep-17 19:02:30
Print Post

[re: Cal550] [link to this post]

Am buzzing for my training. Think I maybe the only one from this and going down.

They said i travel by train on the Sunday and will send the tickets.......not sure they understand how backwards the caithness train system is on a Sunday haha
Standard User Dmack13
(newbie) Sun 03-Sep-17 22:16:20
Print Post

[re: Leezer01] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Leezer01:
Am buzzing for my training. Think I maybe the only one from this and going down.

They said i travel by train on the Sunday and will send the tickets.......not sure they understand how backwards the caithness train system is on a Sunday haha

When is it you're heading down?
I'm due to start September 11th if anyone else!
Standard User kadaf
(newbie) Mon 04-Sep-17 01:34:04
Print Post

[re: Dmack13] [link to this post]

I'm starting on the 11th as well, heading down on the Sunday the 10th.

Edited by kadaf (Mon 04-Sep-17 01:37:13)

Standard User Dmack13
(newbie) Mon 04-Sep-17 13:07:26
Print Post

[re: kadaf] [link to this post]

Yeah I'm also heading down on Sunday from Pontefract. Had my assessment centre in Leeds how about you?
4 hours worth of train is going to be a killer for me.
Just waiting on my letter to say what I've got to bring as I've not received one yet! Only a week to go!!
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Mon 04-Sep-17 14:22:06
Print Post

[re: Dmack13] [link to this post]

You'll likely only get an email, all you'll need to take is your uniform they say all of it but in reality you'll need uniform for the day and clothes for the evening. You only get a couple of pairs of trousers so may as well take both those. A couple of tops your boots and that's it really in week 1. Week 2 probably best to take high vis and waterproof jacket and trousers hard hat and some gloves. You'll have your van anyway so take it all.

Obviously you should take anything that doesnt fit. A big suitcase worth taking so you can fit any extra stuff they give you as it make it easier once you get to magna.

You should also take any proof of holidays booked that come during the first 12 weeks. Also proof of qualifications if you have them don't worry if you don't it's not a big deal honestly.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User Dmack13
(newbie) Mon 04-Sep-17 14:39:07
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Does the uniform come in the "post"? I assumed we were given it in stone.
I haven't received anything apart from my train tickets.
Obviously getting a little aprehensive since I start on Monday.
Super excited to get cracked on with work though!
Standard User Dmack13
(newbie) Mon 04-Sep-17 15:13:19
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Scrap the other reply it's all literally just turned up!
Pages in this thread: << 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | [145] | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to