General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | [147] | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Sep-17 10:24:44
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Leezer01] [link to this post]

You'll appreciate the look on the NCO's face at the RAF Cardington Reception Centre when sorting out recruits for reimbursement of travel costs.

Working from those who got nothing, progressively it left one lone "erk".

"Where are you from, Timbuctoo?"

" No, Corporal."

"Well where?"

It was one of the smaller Shetland Isles.

A small boat to a nearby larger Island, then a day's wait for the ferry trip to the Mainland.

"So a train then, down to Cardington?"

"No, Corporal."

Another wait for the ferry from Lerwick on Shetland's Mainland to Aberdeen - the boat taking about 18 hours.

Then a train to Edinburgh, with a wait for the train to Bedford; and eventually a train to Cardington.

Eight days all told.

Many got confused at Bedford, getting on the London train, which departed a minute or two before the Cardington train.

Late 1957.
Standard User Dmack13
(newbie) Tue 05-Sep-17 13:27:32
Print Post

[re: JS97] [link to this post]

Have you got a copy of the email address?
Just got a text saying they couldn't email me, for some reason and a phone number to ring except it's not a working number.
If you don't want to post it to me in here could you please direct message me it.
Thank you!
Standard User JS97
(newbie) Tue 05-Sep-17 13:41:49
Print Post

[re: Dmack13] [link to this post]

I'm new here so don't really know what's allowed to be posted or not. I've direct messaged you

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User frankieobii
(newbie) Tue 05-Sep-17 14:23:52
Print Post

[re: sotond] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sotond:
Just been told my role is fvr,just over a week to go

I am due to start on 16th Oct. Was wondering if anyone else had been given this start date? I am also keen to find out more about the FVR role so would appreciate any more info. Thanks
Standard User kadaf
(newbie) Tue 05-Sep-17 14:29:18
Print Post

[re: Dmack13] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Dmack13:
Have you got a copy of the email address?
Just got a text saying they couldn't email me, for some reason and a phone number to ring except it's not a working number.
If you don't want to post it to me in here could you please direct message me it.
Thank you!

I got the exact the same message today, I've just realised as well that number isn't valid.

Edited by kadaf (Tue 05-Sep-17 14:34:12)

Standard User kadaf
(newbie) Tue 05-Sep-17 14:31:49
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8 *DELETED*

Post deleted by kadaf
Standard User Dippa
(regular) Tue 05-Sep-17 18:42:20
Print Post

[re: frankieobii] [link to this post]

The fvr role is joint remakes and maintaining the D side. you'll be shown everything once you start wink
Standard User JS97
(newbie) Tue 05-Sep-17 20:54:42
Print Post

Does anyone know what uniform we're supposed to bring on sunday/monday? It's just arrived and there seems to be an awful lot to bring with us on the train.
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Tue 05-Sep-17 22:57:06
Print Post

u only need uniform for office work on week 1 so whatever u feel u want for a week,i personally brought 3 t shirts,different styles to try them out,1 pair of trousers and my shorts,some people bought both styles of boots to try out,but more to carry!You are literally not gonna get dirty/sweaty week 1 so dont need full set of clothes,i just brought my blue jacket aswell,u dont need anything else.u will get helmet and gloves here to take back aswell as all ur new kit but obviously u will have van so easier
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Tue 05-Sep-17 23:02:38
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

So day 2 over,was ok today,there was a health and wellbeing course in the morning all about safety and manual handling with information about company practices and benefits.afternoon was very tedius as back into full group and apprentice registration which was very longwinded but it is important as u set up your portfolio for your qualification.Day 3 is driving assesmnent/training all morning in the vans with some theory in afternoon so hopefully not too much powerpoint!!!
Pages in this thread: << 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | [147] | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to