General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | [150] | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 16-Sep-17 07:03:37
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

For those like myself who did not recognise "EUSR" -

https://www.eusr.co.uk/
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Sat 16-Sep-17 15:27:46
Print Post

This is where your journey and that of the guys like me on CAL will definitely differ, youll still have to do things like street works but I would imagine you wont have to do some stuff we have had to do and vice versa. We haven't touched fibre jointing for example but you will no doubt do a lot more.
We lost a day in the second week due to bank holiday so we did our eusr on the friday and no pole climb till we where at our local training.

The pole climbing week was HARD not because we didnt have the taster just because its tough on your body lots of climbs but will definitely be interesting to see how your training differs from here.

In the field climbing a pole is a little different since it has a dp and wires on it so you cant always just climb to the top and lean back you have to lean to the side or step down on one side that can be hard on your body but you can get down whenever you like and for me that makes a difference.

We did another Hand Held Tester day the other day that was really helpful if Im honest I think I forgot a lot of what he showed me by the next day but I'm sure over time some of it will stick.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Sun 17-Sep-17 22:58:36
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Yea back at yarnfield now for week 3 but just a group of 8 of us now so hopefully will be a lot better as some of the tasks in the larger groups were chaos.training plan a lot different to calomi,ours is only 11 weeks aswell.got gas testing tomoz then cover lifting with the streetworks weds,thurs,fri.looking forward to doing stuff thats actually role specific now

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hammer81
(newbie) Mon 18-Sep-17 21:56:54
Print Post

New User here!

As others have said before, I also just want to say a massive Thank you to the guys that have taken the time to explain what happens at each stage of the process......the tips and info you provide have really helped me and I really appreciate you giving this advice to help others!!

I was at the Assesment Centre in Colchester on 10th August and got offered a role of Fibre Jointer on 13th September.

My start date is 16th October.......is anyone else starting then?
Standard User SteCunningham
(newbie) Wed 20-Sep-17 21:07:29
Print Post

[re: hammer81] [link to this post]

I'm travelling to Yarnfield on Sunday. Clothes arrived today. All good quality. Trousers fit nice. Must have been a mix up on t shirts and jumpers as they have sent small and I'm a medium so all those will need to be swapped!
(member) Wed 20-Sep-17 21:24:55
Print Post

[re: SteCunningham] [link to this post]

u will b able to swap ur gear on first couple of days but they havent got everything so b prepared to wait if u want to swap,if things dont fit u can wear ur own stuff as classroom based first week
(member) Wed 20-Sep-17 21:36:02
Print Post

brief update on week 3 FVR.monday was gas testing learning how and when to use ur gas tester in boxes and manholes,not bad,classroom in morning and practical in afternoon.day 2 was learning all about the different covers we will need to lift off and which mechanical aids to use,mostly practical so not bad.today weve started our streetworks course,learning how to close part of the road off if we need to work in it,its about 10 mile away so nice to get out of yarnfield for a bit.theory today,practical tomorrow which is a pass/fail,if u fail u av to resit the 3 days and drop behind a week i think but so far looks pretty straightforward.theres an exam on friday but only 20 questions should hopefully b away by 11.
(member) Thu 21-Sep-17 06:32:23
Print Post

[re: hammer81] [link to this post]

tour on the last intake then,good luck,theres loads to take in but just go with the flow and try not to remember everything as theres too much!!no probs on info,ive been using this forum since may so have had plenty of info myself so allways said i would give that back

Edited by lincsboy1979 (Thu 21-Sep-17 06:33:36)

Standard User willst
(newbie) Thu 21-Sep-17 16:45:26
Print Post

[re: SteCunningham] [link to this post]

I'm starting at Yarnfield on 2nd October. My clothes arrived today. All good except the coveralls have weirdly 3/4 length sleeves. Looking forward to getting started now. Thanks to everyone for all their previous posts. Really helpful.
Standard User SteCunningham
(newbie) Thu 21-Sep-17 17:52:23
Print Post

[re: willst] [link to this post]

At least you got coveralls! I'm waiting on them and 2nd pair of boots. Good luck. Finally feels like it's happening now! Been a long 9 weeks waiting!
Pages in this thread: << 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | [150] | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to