General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | [151] | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Thu 21-Sep-17 21:52:00
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

so week 3 day 4,it was the practical streetworks exam today,all of us passed and me and my mate nearly beat the all time record but was a minute out,theres no rush as long as u get it all correct,instructor was sound and will guide u but cant tell u if u av gone wrong,u must pass it or have to sit all 3 days again.just got a 20 question written exam tomoz then hometime.yarnfield was full up tonight so they av put us in this £135 a night hotel!!!was nice to have a sauna and swim after a blast in the gym and a bit of a change
(member) Fri 22-Sep-17 14:07:37
Print Post

Booooom week 3 all done,written exam for streetworks done this morning and was home for 12.big course next week as its d-side jointing and lasts the whole 5 days.really good experience so far,a lot of boring classroom days but it has to be done
Standard User JazzieJamJay
(newbie) Fri 22-Sep-17 15:31:34
Print Post

Hi Guys,

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's stories/experiences so I thought I would add my own.

Applied online at the tail end on July and got an immediate invite to the Situational Strength. I passed this and got an invite the same evening to do the video interview. I prepared for a week before completing it. Its really odd speaking to yourself whilst trying to stay focused on the question. If anyone reading this is thinking of applying keep these two things in mind 1. Use the practice function repeatedly and watch the recording of your practice videos. You'll see the bad things you are doing/saying and can rectify them. 2. Don't focus on the time limit for your questions. Even if it says you have 2 minutes to answer, a 30-45 second answer can be enough.

Got an email 2 days later saying I had been successful and my application was now being considered against others for a place at an assessment centre. 15 days later I got invited to an assessment centre.

The assessment centre is exactly as everyone else has described so far so all I'll add is: If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

I was lucky enough to be told the very next afternoon I had been successful and even got my start date (condition to pre-employment checks) later that day.

I'm now working my last few days at my current job before starting at Yarnfield on Oct 2nd!!

Thanks again for all the information and experiences you guys have shared.

lincsboy1979 It's been interesting to read your updates, keep them coming!

All the best to you all!

Edited by JazzieJamJay (Fri 22-Sep-17 15:53:49)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User willst
(newbie) Fri 22-Sep-17 16:58:28
Print Post

[re: JazzieJamJay] [link to this post]

I look forward to meeting you on the 2nd. I received my induction letter this afternoon. You probably did as well. I checked out our alternative hotel (Yarnfield must be full). It looks good on the website. I am excited to get started now.
(member) Fri 22-Sep-17 21:22:12
Print Post

no probs,u will enjoy ur training,some days r tedius but need to b done
(member) Fri 22-Sep-17 21:27:06
Print Post

[re: willst] [link to this post]

bt dont have monopoly on rooms at yarnfield as they sold that part off and only kept the training rooms so sometimes there are massive conferences booked so no room.we were in the holiday inn at stoke last night,its luxury,cost £135 a night and its got gym,sauna,jacuzzi,and well nice breakfast,they do use other ones aswell,im suprised they have put u in somewhere else as allways keep a few rooms for week oners as u dont av vans to get to and fro but they will sort a bus or sommats,
(newbie) Sat 23-Sep-17 19:56:10
Print Post

[re: willst] [link to this post]

Yeah I got it on Friday afternoon too. Actually feels real now! No sign off my clothes though. Not too concerned, although my missus refused a box from DPD because the name was wrong! Lol

I'm travelling from Aberdeen. Going to be a long drive on the Friday to then head all the way back on the Sunday!!

Have you got far to travel?

Edited by JazzieJamJay (Sat 23-Sep-17 19:59:59)

(member) Sat 23-Sep-17 20:12:54
Print Post

dpd do the deliveries for the clothes so could av bin that.theres a lad on week 2 who lives in outer hebrides,think he said a 12 hour ferry,2 trains,and a taxi to get to yarnfield.hes well [censored] off as doing all his training at yarnfield so gonna av to get a train from yarnfield to glasgow then fly each weekend,he also has no buddies on island so got to do that in aberdeen so wont be at home monday to friday for 3 months!!!
(member) Sat 23-Sep-17 20:14:40
Print Post

if its too far and ur not back at yarnfield for week 3 u can stay for that 1 weekend rather than travel back
(newbie) Sat 23-Sep-17 21:21:32
Print Post

Hoping to get Livingston, especially as I have family there.

I feel lucky now that I only have a 7 hour train journey! Do many people stay the weekend?
Pages in this thread: << 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | [151] | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to