General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | [152] | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User willst
(newbie) Sun 24-Sep-17 18:55:31
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: JazzieJamJay] [link to this post]

I've got it easy then. Only a 4 hr train journey!
Standard User SteCunningham
(newbie) Sun 24-Sep-17 19:52:58
Print Post

[re: willst] [link to this post]

Is anybody travelling right now? Had delay at Manchester and presume I'm not the only one. Will be an hour late from what I can gather. Tried phoning Alan on the number given in the email bit no answer.
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Sun 24-Sep-17 22:45:39
Print Post

think people have stayed if there only here for the 2 weeks.what role are u doing,if ur fvr u wont be at livingstone

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User JazzieJamJay
(newbie) Mon 25-Sep-17 07:46:27
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

My induction pack says 'Service Delivery Customer Service'
'
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Mon 25-Sep-17 19:16:11
Print Post

That's a pretty broadly used title so you could be either, the BCD guys usually know and some FVR guys get told early too but some don't find out till day 1 induction.
Assume CAL/OMI until you know better though if you haven't been told already.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
(member) Mon 25-Sep-17 21:06:56
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ShavedApe:
That's a pretty broadly used title so you could be either, the BCD guys usually know and some FVR guys get told early too but some don't find out till day 1 induction.
Assume CAL/OMI until you know better though if you haven't been told already.

theyve changed it now,everyone gets told.that title is CAL/OMI so theres a good chance u will get livingstone as ur local.dont take it as literal though as some people have got to yarnfield and been changed for one rason or another,they dont have to explain why
(member) Mon 25-Sep-17 21:13:24
Print Post

so said i would keep diary going,week 4 day 1 FVR.pretty good day we are doing d-side jointing all week and u build a scaled down full network so today we got to wire up 50 pairs of cables into a pcp cab,greasy as hell but great to do some hands on practical work thats relevant to our role,should b a good week.
Standard User JazzieJamJay
(newbie) Tue 26-Sep-17 07:38:53
Print Post

Thanks for the info guys. Guess I'll find out for sure next week. Is CAL/OMI essentially the fault finding role?

It's my 2nd last day at my current job but it still feels ages away! I've worked my 4 weeks notice so technically, I don't need to be here... I could literally just walk out I guess! But I've taken the Thursday and Friday anyway so I can do some things around the house seeing as I'll only have weekends for the next 3 months!

Edited by JazzieJamJay (Tue 26-Sep-17 10:08:30)

Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Tue 26-Sep-17 19:30:25
Print Post

No CAL is the job the majority of us do, its basically provides be it to the customer or just in the cab work (green boxes at side road). Youll do faults and repairs too.

I forget what it stands for I know OMI stands for One Man Install.

You'll get UG training later and that comes with a pay rise around 3 k the FVR guys I believe have to do the internal course to get the same pay rise.
From what Ive seen I would rather do the internal course for an extra 3 k than the you UG far less taxing.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User Baivox
(newbie) Tue 26-Sep-17 20:03:04
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

CALOMI is Customer Line & Apparatus One Man Installer.

I am on Week 4 now to, its been a bit 'death by powerpoint' up until now. However, this week we are actually doing some 'live' work in the exchanges.

I am CALOMI (Service Delivery). It's nice to get a bit more hands on this week, picking up jobs on the iPhone's and running new jumper wires in the exchange, assessment at the end of the week too!

Definitely a lot to take in!
Pages in this thread: << 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | [152] | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to