General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | [153] | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Tue 26-Sep-17 23:36:57
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

we get the pay rise after 12 months same as u to £23,500 but then we do the second part of UG training as UG training in week 7/8 isnt the full course and then we get the pay rise so will b on £27,000 by 18 months,weve had a chat with top FVR manger the other day and thats what he said,CAL/OMI will need to convince manager to put them through UG training to get pay rise,thats whats been said to us anyway,people saying its not fair,but the UG training makes u more skilled so comes with a pay rise
(member) Tue 26-Sep-17 23:41:28
Print Post

[re: JazzieJamJay] [link to this post]

CAL/OMI more customer focused working at peoples houses with a list of jobs,us FVR are more fault repair and also changing old fixings and wires that are broken/worn for new and with less of a time orientated daily schedule so supposedly less pressure as bigger/time consuming jobs
(member) Wed 27-Sep-17 07:10:03
Print Post

[re: Baivox] [link to this post]

week 4 FVR and were building a scaled down full network and its mad,weve got 50,20,10,and 5 pair cables and connecting them all up together,its proper fiddly and cables covered in grease,even the calmest lads in the group swearing and getting stressed out!!:):):):)will look good when its all connected though

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User L8pperz
(newbie) Wed 27-Sep-17 07:44:08
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Hi Guys ,

Thanks Lincsboy for the updates.

I'm joining on the 2nd of October.

Received through my induction pack it says I'm 'service delivery customer service' aswell. I have recieved most of the clothing and it fits apart from the trousers and shorts so will have to wear my normal clothes till I can change them.

Anyone travelling up from the Plymouth area ?

Can't wait to join it's been ages since I applied!

Thanks
Standard User JazzieJamJay
(newbie) Wed 27-Sep-17 08:00:58
Print Post

[re: L8pperz] [link to this post]

It's my last day!!

I've not received any clothing yet. I'll need to give them a call if it doesn't arrive today.

How long is the journey from Plymouth?
Standard User L8pperz
(newbie) Wed 27-Sep-17 12:10:25
Print Post

[re: JazzieJamJay] [link to this post]

Looking at your previous post I'm guessing your clothing was the delivery they tried to deliver the other day that was refused. Just checked my delivery box and it has a different name at the top of the label, a person call Hewitt and then my name under it? Can you not ring DPD and ask them if it was possible to redeliver it if you give them your address to track it ?

Roughly a 5 hour journey from Plymouth train leaves at 14.30.
Standard User JazzieJamJay
(newbie) Wed 27-Sep-17 13:10:48
Print Post

[re: L8pperz] [link to this post]

Yeah, I'm fairly convinced it was the gear I was waiting on. It was Friday that they tried to deliver it so I imagine it will be back with the sender now.

Hopefully they can get it delivered by the weekend. I'll phone them first thing tomorrow morning.
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Wed 27-Sep-17 17:34:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by lincsboy1979:
we get the pay rise after 12 months same as u to £23,500 but then we do the second part of UG training as UG training in week 7/8 isnt the full course and then we get the pay rise so will b on £27,000 by 18 months,weve had a chat with top FVR manger the other day and thats what he said,CAL/OMI will need to convince manager to put them through UG training to get pay rise,thats whats been said to us anyway,people saying its not fair,but the UG training makes u more skilled so comes with a pay rise

No convincing of manager needed it is part of the process now so we were told and Ive had my current manager confirm that we dont have a choice we have to be upskilled so that we can finish a job without the need for furthering due to skill set.
Sounds good to me either way.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User Hoss28
(member) Wed 27-Sep-17 21:14:20
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

How is everyone getting on with the NVQ/SVQ coursework?
Standard User Baivox
(newbie) Wed 27-Sep-17 21:50:05
Print Post

Sounds messy but interesting mate haha!

I was with you up Yarnfield, just in case you didn't realise!

Few of our lads have been saying their heads are completely fried with the exchange work. Slowly getting to grips with it all. Assessment tomorrow I think!

Keep in touch mate!
Pages in this thread: << 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | [153] | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to