General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | [154] | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Thu 28-Sep-17 19:14:24
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Hoss28] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Hoss28:
How is everyone getting on with the NVQ/SVQ coursework?

NVQ so far has been fine the days always finish early which is nice as you get a few hours off. The work load for the NVQ has been quite light too. OUr NVQ coach said don't worry about not being able to finish it he hasn't lost anyone yet...

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Fri 29-Sep-17 21:58:35
Print Post

[re: Baivox] [link to this post]

Well wont lie,week 4 FVR was a right eye opener,an absolute minefield of information to take in doing the d-side jointing course.we had to make a scaled down network then test it,there are so many wires to put together and colurs to remember and very easy to so it wrong.we also were shown all the different closures and boxes that are in the network and there are thousands that are obsolete but are still out there,so we learnt how to swap them over to new closures if we ever need to but there was so much to take in during 1 week.Ive got a meeting with my manager on monday,got nearly a 200 mile round trip for it but its only 1 day then its local buddying for a fortnight out in the field which i cant wait to get stuck into
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Sat 30-Sep-17 15:41:07
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Seems like your training and mine isnt all that different, sure your learning different skills but the sheer amount of info you have to take in in these next few weeks is unreal.
Strangely though it was still good fun tough at times but compared to others out there like Kellys for example much better.
I was talking with a Kellys guy yesterday who was doing a full install he did no more than 2 weeks training then 2 weeks buddying and then expected to go and work in the network providing copper lines for people.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SplendidTom
(newbie) Sun 01-Oct-17 20:40:20
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

I applied earlier in the year for the trainee engineer and got rejected back in June (went through the assessment and everything). On the job portal, there's an job application for Trainee Engineer 2018 pipeline. Should I apply to this if I want to try again?

Edited by SplendidTom (Sun 01-Oct-17 20:43:34)

(member) Sun 01-Oct-17 21:04:57
Print Post

[re: SplendidTom] [link to this post]

thats probably it,they are allready pencilling in assesment days for 2018,1700 jobs available apparantley so u might aswell try again
Standard User SplendidTom
(newbie) Sun 01-Oct-17 21:51:46
Print Post

Brill, thanks. Just applied again!
Standard User hammer81
(newbie) Mon 02-Oct-17 11:54:00
Print Post

[re: benstoke89] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by benstoke89:
In reply to a post by Keli:
My time table states 2 weeks yarnfield, 2 weeks bolton then 2 and half weeks buddy then back to bolton for week and half followed by 3 weeks budding. Just a shame no one mentioned this previously so i could get my ducks in a row.

Any other ladies starting july 3rd, cant say ive seen any posts. xD

Your training looks like mine, are you doing fibre? Have you been told your getting van in the first week?

I've seen a few people say that Fibre Jointers were told they get their van in the first week, but some other posts say its not until week 5.........can any fibre jointers confirm?
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Mon 02-Oct-17 18:57:26
Print Post

[re: hammer81] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hammer81:
In reply to a post by benstoke89:
In reply to a post by Keli:
My time table states 2 weeks yarnfield, 2 weeks bolton then 2 and half weeks buddy then back to bolton for week and half followed by 3 weeks budding. Just a shame no one mentioned this previously so i could get my ducks in a row.

Any other ladies starting july 3rd, cant say ive seen any posts. xD

Your training looks like mine, are you doing fibre? Have you been told your getting van in the first week?

I've seen a few people say that Fibre Jointers were told they get their van in the first week, but some other posts say its not until week 5.........can any fibre jointers confirm?

When I was at Yarnfield thats the way it was, Im not BCD or Fibre Jointer but it was a 5 week wait they gave them hire cars till then. However the reason was as simple as the vans were just not ready so its likely to change with time.

(member) Mon 02-Oct-17 21:22:00
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Problem is companies cant keep up with BT orders,they allways used ford before,transits for calomi/id/bcd and tonners for FVR,but they couldnt keep up so they change to vauxhall vivarro and fiat ducatos for FVR,fiat havent been able to keep up and some weeks this year the FVR lads av ad to wait.The fibre jointers have special equipment on so are ordered specifically apparantley so they av to wait.There werent any fibre jointers in our intake of 85 as theres not many trainees in it yet but the others i have met in the last 5 weeks have all had hire cars till week 4/5 and theyve shared if lads live near each other or on way to training centre
Standard User Nickyhayes7
(newbie) Mon 02-Oct-17 22:12:58
Print Post

Has anyone got a start date of he 16th October?
Pages in this thread: << 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | [154] | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to