General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | [155] | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User hammer81
(newbie) Tue 03-Oct-17 07:50:47
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Nickyhayes7] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Nickyhayes7:
Has anyone got a start date of he 16th October?

Me! Travelling up from Essex and been told I'll be a Fibre Jointer
Standard User Nickyhayes7
(newbie) Tue 03-Oct-17 09:08:41
Print Post

[re: hammer81] [link to this post]

Happy days mate I'm travelling down from Glasgow and been told I'm service delivery. Have you had travel details or any further emails?
Standard User hammer81
(newbie) Tue 03-Oct-17 09:34:31
Print Post

[re: Nickyhayes7] [link to this post]

Happy days mate I'm travelling down from Glasgow and been told I'm service delivery. Have you had travel details or any further emails?

Nope, I've not had anything since the 'Ready to start with BT' email (i got that on 21st sept). Hoping to get something by the end of the week!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Nickyhayes7
(newbie) Wed 04-Oct-17 16:49:28
Print Post

Received my train tickets etc today.

Also got informed that I would receive more info before the end of the week.
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Wed 04-Oct-17 20:36:12
Print Post

In reply to a post by hammer81:

Nope, I've not had anything since the 'Ready to start with BT' email (i got that on 21st sept). Hoping to get something by the end of the week!

BT got that much on everything seems last minute but in their eyes its not really,the ball will start rolling next week,you should get your clothing and then final emails,once u have your start date for yarnfield and your trains sorted theres not really a lot more to tell you so dont expect an influx of emails.You will be the last intake of the year so expect a few tired trainers,HA HA.The service delivery guy will get his van on the friday providing you pass your assesment and the fibre guys have just been having hire cars for first couple of weeks as they get modded vans,there has not been a lot of fibre jointers taken on as theres loada in the field trained as it is so its just geographical as to whether an apprentice is needed.Good luck guys,first week is mental but boring but it does get progressively better
(member) Wed 04-Oct-17 20:41:26
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Just an update on the FVR diary.its week 5 day 3 and im out budddying with an auditor.Hes pretty laid back and im doing all sorts of work and getting stuck in,to those FVR who are about to go buddying,dont expect it to be around your local area like CAL/OMI,theres no specific buddys for the FVR side as its still quite new so the auditing team are doing it,im having to do around 130/180 miles a day as im crossing a catchment area to do some buddying as hes got 2 of us to train at same time,i dont mind as its hands on experience that some others arent getting,also the meet your manager is actually your quality manager who is quite high up,not the guy you will report to every day he has a catchment area to look after,it is a bit chaotic and looks like no plannings gone into it at all but its just their way as you will learn:):):):):):):
(member) Thu 05-Oct-17 18:35:58
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

had an interesting chat with a big area manager today who came to see me,i will post the text i put on our whatsapp group,c what u think
ive spoken to area manager today who authorises the pay and he told me once we go up to £23,500 theres no more rises until u become a coach/senior technician,he says hes had all sorts of lads saying this and that,but we are underground trained now,theres no more training for that,and even if cal/omi do underground and we do the internal wiring course theres no pay rise apparantley,they want us all multiskilled the older contracts had the pay increments for certain tasks but ours arent,theres cal/omi who can do fibre and underground but only get same as someone who just does cal/omi so that whole more u learn more u earn is [censored] he says there no infastructure set up on the wage system to allow different pay for different tasks&#129300;&#129300;
Standard User MC31
(member) Thu 05-Oct-17 21:58:45
Print Post

"so that whole more u learn more u earn is"

That very old chestnut is back again then ! Over 15 years ago we were told the more skills you get the more money you get , well lots of us got more skills and are still waiting for the money.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Fri 06-Oct-17 22:27:02
Print Post

I have learned that happens a lot in this company, promises are made but often they aren't adhered to.
Example: "Dont like your buddy tell us and well get you another one. "

Reality: "Its not that simple"

Example 2: "I think I need a little longer buddying"

Reality: "tuff your going live tomorrow"

I will say neither of those happened to me but I have heard from others I trained with that it did happen to.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User gouledw
(regular) Sat 07-Oct-17 13:22:52
Print Post

[re: MC31] [link to this post]

NewGrid with Boost, UG and REIN and still get paid less than WF2020 pre April 2017 &#128545;
Pages in this thread: << 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | [155] | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to