General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | [156] | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User abmis2006
(learned) Sat 07-Oct-17 15:11:17
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8 *DELETED*

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Post deleted by abmis2006
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Tue 10-Oct-17 21:50:33
Print Post

[re: abmis2006] [link to this post]

week 6 update,out buddying and getting well stuck in,been on joint changeovers for week and a half now,good to do it real world and not in comfort of classroom,can get wet and dirty and a lot of cables with hardly any slack to work with.Really enjoying it despite having to travel quite a bit to team up.
Standard User JamesC1999
(regular) Mon 16-Oct-17 20:36:42
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Hi all! I've been pretty inactive since I went down to Yarnfield at the start of July but a quick update.. fully trained now and been live for about a month now.. how' is everyone?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(member) Sun 22-Oct-17 08:44:12
Print Post

[re: JamesC1999] [link to this post]

well,after week 7 which consisted of poles steps and ladders training,which was very good,got our harnesses,did 6 climbs and was taught all about the pole procedures.also did a pcp course which was very boring and to be honest a waste of time for fvr.we finished off with a hand rodding course which was pretty good and was done by dinner.Going back tonight and staying in hotel again,yarnfield packed out so weve been in various hotels,on a footnote 2 lads got absolutely smashed the other night,caused no end of trouble in hotel and were promtly sent home with an investigation to follow tomorrow they are prob gonna get sacked as bt have a zero tolerance on this,its just not worth it at all and been a few sacked this year for it.got drop wiring course all next week then thats it training finished!!!
(member) Mon 30-Oct-17 18:37:08
Print Post

Well thats it its all over,training finished.The last week at Yarnfield was quite demanding to be honest,the drop wire course is physicaly tough as loads of pole climbs and all what you learn in the week is needed for the pass/fail assesment on the thursday.We all got through and i must say as much as i have had a good time and learned loads,it was nice to say goodbye to Yarnfield and crack on in the real world.I see this forum has now gone awfully quiet,seems as soon as everyone finishes training they dont bother anymore,its been great and full of information,and if anyone has any questions for the last few intakes of the year,fire away.
Standard User DisneyFan
(newbie) Thu 02-Nov-17 13:59:45
Print Post

I wish it was me finishing my training. I applied in the early spring of 2017 and got through all the early stages. Waited all summer to hear whether I would be asked to attend an assessment centre. Unfortunately, I did not get an invite. Asked for feedback so that I could improve my approach. Information came back that it was just sheer numbers. Really gutted as I would have hit the ground running because I hold a degree in Networking. I am back on the slate for the next intake and they have said that I wouldn't have to redo all the tests again which is a good thing. If I had been selected I would have got my head down and learned it all. I was looking for something I could basically do until retirement (I'm 44) having been made redundant from HSBC. As regards the forum and nobody bothering with it anymore - I think people just use these forums to share information and as a tool to navigate a way through the process. Once that's done and they are home and dry they are not interested. Hats off to you for continuing to post updates. Wish you success in the years ahead and hope to see you around sometime. (Not holding my breath though haha)
Standard User ShavedApe
(member) Thu 02-Nov-17 17:32:58
Print Post

Im still around just not many questions to answer so not a lot of point me posting.
Nothing has really changed for me once I went live i've done a few coaching days and a few nvq days but all in all i'm just getting on with doing it now.

Enjoying it still though some days not as fun as others but thats not really a surprise.

I remember the dropwire course very well, very demanding course one of our guys failed his assessment and ended up going to livingston to redo it. A lot of what you learn you wont use once out in the field of that I am certain but it still helps to know the correct way and then you just have to find a nice balance between safe and quick really because climbing a pole 2 times just because you have a pull up there is a bit pointless if you can do it once and get the same result just as safely. Well technically more safely since your only climbing once.

My comments are my own and represent my opinion only not that of any person or company I may have links to.
Standard User SplendidTom
(newbie) Tue 07-Nov-17 14:25:08
Print Post

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

I can see there are jobs now for my area on the OR website so looks like they're starting to think about the intake now for 2018.

I had an email a few hours ago to complete the situational strengths test (again!). Even though I did it once before and passed, was nervous but thankfully the email came pretty quick to say I had passed and have progressed onto the (dreaded) video interview! I don't even know how I managed to pass it last time, so hopefully I'm a little more relaxed with this one and can pass it again.

Edited by SplendidTom (Tue 07-Nov-17 14:28:39)

Standard User Lmcclelland
(newbie) Thu 09-Nov-17 13:21:15
Print Post

[re: SplendidTom] [link to this post]

Same has happened to me.

I had an email yesterday inviting me to redo the the situational strengths and today an interview to redo the video interview. I've passed these both before but didn't have the opportunity to attended the group interview.
Standard User SplendidTom
(newbie) Fri 10-Nov-17 12:17:02
Print Post

[re: Lmcclelland] [link to this post]

I'm just waiting on the results from my video interview now. Good luck with yours!
Pages in this thread: << 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | [156] | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to