General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | [158] | 159 | 160 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Jbs89
(newbie) Tue 14-Nov-17 19:45:21
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8 *DELETED*

[re: Lmcclelland] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Lmcclelland:
i did my Video interview last week and had this response today.

looks like they haven't arranged any assessment days yet but will be from January

Hello

Just wanted to give you an update regarding your application for the trainee Openreach engineering role.

Please ignore these emails as there is no reason for you to redo these parts of the application process again. To avoid any further confusion I will remove your latest application from our system so you will not receive any further e-mails and your original application where you have passed both parts of the one line process will remain.

Sorry for the confusion.

Awesome. Thanks for the info! I assumed it might be earlier this year than March.
Standard User SplendidTom
(newbie) Tue 14-Nov-17 20:11:28
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8 *DELETED*

[re: Lmcclelland] [link to this post]

So every one who passed their strengths test and video interview last time will get automatically carried through this time? I hope this means I can go through as well! Hopefully I hear something tomorrow as then it will be a week since I did my interview.
Standard User Fizz513
(newbie) Wed 15-Nov-17 10:54:30
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: ShavedApe] [link to this post]

Hi mate,

I have just come across this forum and basically just been reading the whole way through. I have been offered a job and my start date is 8th Jan 2018. Firstly congrulatations to all who have got and started the job. I hope you don't mind but I wanted to ask you a few questions if possible please.

How do you find the job now?

Was the training difficult? As in did people fail or loose their jobs over it? I'm slightly worried and don't want to loose my current and bt job?

What is working hours/days like?

What is pay like/overtime?

What does the 60 min travel actually mean as In will you ever travel more than 60 mins to and from first and last job?

What happens if you crash van

Thank you and really appreciate all the posts you have posted on the page. Very helpful to all including myself. Wish I came across it earlier.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jbs89
(newbie) Wed 15-Nov-17 11:55:56
Print Post

[re: Fizz513] [link to this post]

That's great mate! Congratulations! When did you do your assessment centre etc. out of curiosity?
Standard User Fizz513
(newbie) Wed 15-Nov-17 16:02:03
Print Post

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

Thanks mate. My assessment centre was booked for 24th October 2017. Have u already started working with openreach??
Standard User Jbs89
(newbie) Wed 15-Nov-17 16:06:50
Print Post

I'm just in the process of applying at the moment. I threw an application in last year but the video interview clashed with massive deadlines at work and uni, so never got round to doing it. Would genuinely love the job I think, so going to give it a decent go this year.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 15-Nov-17 17:20:33
Print Post

Can answer some of these for you ....
Was the training difficult? As in did people fail or loose their jobs over it? I'm slightly worried and don't want to loose my current and bt job?
I have always found the training to be good, but then only get as much out as you put in ... It's all common sense, if you've none of that you will struggle.
What is working hours/days like?
The more skills you acquire, the more varied your days are going to be in the long run.
There is much to like about the role, you'll meet all sorts (something I find fascinating) I have visited some weird and wonderful places .... the boys are are a good bunch to work with (though you can days without meeting one) everything you wear, the van, yer tools, etc, etc all provided. Plenty of advice and support to be had.

Down sides .... the weather, man it's a bum job in the rain, or the cold. The stats, learn to ignore them. The chasms that sometimes exist between what you can actually do and what is actually required. The erosion of quality is king work ethic.
What is pay like/overtime?
The pay is OK .... but if you wish you can cane the O/T (as long as you've the skills to make yourself useful to them)
What does the 60 min travel actually mean as In will you ever travel more than 60 mins to and from first and last job?
Nope usually much shorter commutes than that, they are just trying to keep you flexible. Of course you'll end up travelling over that, no one can account for traffic. Tuesday 1st job was a 50 minute drive away, but from where I finished to home was exactly 3 minutes .... swings and roundabouts innit.
What happens if you crash van
Depends under what circumstances ..... Some of the lads seem not to give a hoot ... a concept I don't understand, it is your best bud at work, keep it clean, drive it well, try not to ding it up. It is often the first site the customer has of you, people judge by appearances. That said I have been driving and had a van written off. The crash was deemed 50/50 by the police The company were supportive, but arranged driving courses for me.

Good luck, and who knows, if you are working in or around Farnborough, I might bump into you.

Standard User SplendidTom
(newbie) Wed 15-Nov-17 17:41:54
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Dang, looks like another day not hearing whether Iíve passed the video interview. Itís been a week now. How long did it take for everyone else?
Standard User Fizz513
(newbie) Wed 15-Nov-17 18:29:26
Print Post

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

i would defo apply. you should be fine but ye vid was a little time consuming but i kept delaying mine.
Standard User Fizz513
(newbie) Wed 15-Nov-17 18:31:02
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Hi, thanks for the reply. Did you see anyone fail.

With regards to probation period- I believe its 12 months. Does that mean one simple mistake and out you go?
Pages in this thread: << 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | [158] | 159 | 160 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to