General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Nrfk24
(newbie) Wed 03-May-17 17:55:29
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Robmitch123] [link to this post]

Looking for some help here.

I have recently been offered an Assessment Centre date within the next couple of weeks, my question is regarding the Colour Blind Test.

Is this done via matching wires or Ishihara Plates? If it's the latter and you fail do they test via a secondary method or is it curtains?
Standard User Rickimcc78
(regular) Wed 03-May-17 17:57:50
Print Post

[re: Firsttwodie] [link to this post]

I got the call on the Monday 2 weeks before my start date mate
Standard User MC31
(member) Wed 03-May-17 18:00:44
Print Post

[re: MrSpud] [link to this post]

I have been on years so dont know how you get your kit . As for charging drill batteries you are ment to do it at home but most guys do it at a punters or at a exch.Most other kit you can charge in the van.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User martthefart1111
(newbie) Wed 03-May-17 18:26:12
Print Post

[re: mckeo5514] [link to this post]

Bi just to let you know I did the video interview today at2pm and just got an email to say I passed and considering me for an assessment god how long do I wait lol
Standard User Bons
(newbie) Wed 03-May-17 18:31:20
Print Post

[re: Nrfk24] [link to this post]

Colour Bind test is done by finding pairs in a bunch of cables.
Standard User lincsboy1979
(newbie) Wed 03-May-17 20:13:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by Nrfk24:
Looking for some help here.

I have recently been offered an Assessment Centre date within the next couple of weeks, my question is regarding the Colour Blind Test.

Is this done via matching wires or Ishihara Plates? If it's the latter and you fail do they test via a secondary method or is it curtains?

When you finish your plug test he will hold some wires out that are tangled together and he wil just say point to the red and blue then green and yellow for example,i only got asked for 2.theres no way to test for that but you can type into google colour blind test but it will ask you to make out the numbers hidden in the dots but its nothing that complex
(newbie) Wed 03-May-17 20:19:12
Print Post

[re: martthefart1111] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by martthefart1111:
Bi just to let you know I did the video interview today at2pm and just got an email to say I passed and considering me for an assessment god how long do I wait lol

wow that was quick,i did my video interview then had to wait around 5 days before being told i was being considered,then around another 3/4 days before i was offered an assesment date.i do no someone that didnt even get the being considered email so there is a fillter process for sure.
Standard User Nrfk24
(newbie) Wed 03-May-17 20:38:19
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

That's good to hear, yeah you mean the ishihara test. So it was nothing more complex than pointing out certain coloured wires?
Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Wed 03-May-17 20:44:53
Print Post

[re: martthefart1111] [link to this post]

Took around 2-3 days for me I think then another day for an email detailing when my assessment would be. Definitely varies though some people waited a lot longer than I did some quicker.
(newbie) Wed 03-May-17 20:45:40
Print Post

No and he tells you not to rush but if you are not colour blind they stand out easy if you are you cant see them and they look like 1 colour
Pages in this thread: << 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to