General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | [164] | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PUNKTB
(newbie) Mon 08-Jan-18 14:54:48
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: zs1990] [link to this post]

I start on the 22nd, have you had any contact regarding travel?
Standard User Jbs89
(newbie) Mon 08-Jan-18 16:12:44
Print Post

[re: Bash18] [link to this post]

Jeez, that's a long time. Hoping it won't be as bad due to my application being in early in the recruitment cycle, but who knows. Thanks for the info!
Standard User GingerSquirrel
(newbie) Mon 08-Jan-18 16:17:31
Print Post

I was told I passed the assessment day just before Christmas and I am waiting to hear back regarding a start date, and the waiting is killing me. I just want to hand in my notice as soon as possible but know I have to wait and keep taking the [censored] from my boss for a while longer.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jbs89
(newbie) Mon 08-Jan-18 16:23:28
Print Post

[re: GingerSquirrel] [link to this post]

How did you guys find the assessment day? Anything you done to prepare that helped you think?
Standard User Bash18
(newbie) Mon 08-Jan-18 18:21:22
Print Post

[re: PUNKTB] [link to this post]

Iíve not had any contact yet for travel but did get an e-mail saying sometime the week before they would be in touch? youíll be the same Iím guessing ?

I was the same when I was told I had passed the assessment centre as I wasnít enjoying my current place of work, but just keep waiting it shouldnít be long.

Research as much as you can about openreach I found the assessment day easy but the manager that done my suitability interview wanted to know every little detail I knew about openreach, the wiring on the practical youíll be given a demo before hand, I would just research as much as possible about openreach I got mostly everything on the internet or the openreach website

Edited by Bash18 (Mon 08-Jan-18 18:31:59)

Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Mon 08-Jan-18 20:51:42
Print Post

Just a tip on this,I researched loads about Openreach including the CEO and management stucture and never got asked one question about it at all!!!!!So dont try and overload it,just relax and answer clearly and try no to hesitate,stutter,or go off subject,also if you pause they may not prompt you,so try to avoid lengths of silence after questions,if youre not sure just ask them to repeat or rephrase
(member) Mon 08-Jan-18 20:54:45
Print Post

[re: PUNKTB] [link to this post]

They will contact you the week before you go to arrange your train ticket down,you may think evrything is last minute and to normal people it is but to BT its not so some things are arranged with not much notice,if you have your start date then thats all you need the rest will flow before it,
(member) Mon 08-Jan-18 21:03:20
Print Post

Word of warning if you live near a training centre or a decent commute it doesnt mean you will be at that one,not all the centres do all the training,if you are calomi you have a lot better chance of being local as thats done everywhere,but everyone has to go to yarnfield for first 2 weeks then it changes to a different school or like me you will stay at yarnfield for all your training,thats what i did,but i live 45 mins from another school.There was a guy 2 weeks behind me who lived on outer hebrides but he had to do all his training at yarnfield!!He then had to fly over to Aberdeen for his budddying as there werent any where he lived!!He was not happy,but they are pretty blunt when it comes to the decisions they make,not trying to scare you off but these questions that are all coming on now where what i was asking last year,thats why this forum is great,we was told last year it was getting took down as nothing to do with broadband or endorsed by BT but its still going strong from my first post in may,its a great insight as loads to take in.
(member) Mon 08-Jan-18 21:12:55
Print Post

[re: Jbs89] [link to this post]

Try not to overthink the questions they are not trying to catch you out,the maths and english tests on the laptops are not pass/fail they jsut want to see what sort of level everyone is to see if you will be ok on the apprenticeship stuff and make sure you put on the safety glasses in the wiring of the plug assesment,they wont tell you to put them on but you must were them when cutting any wire,some people last year were not told and some were but its a test to see if you do things safely,and the hole plug thing is nothing to do with electrics,its to see how you follow instructions as there is a laminate of how to do it,you wont get it to look like the photo unless youre a electrician,so dont try,just make sure you follow the instrucdtions and do aclour blind test online before you go just to make sure as you wont get through to interviews if you are,there were a few lads last year that didnt even know.Hope that helps,its easy for me saying it now but just try to relax,they will ask you 3 questions in each interview but everyones are different on the day,apparantley they have a selection of questions they use.
(member) Mon 08-Jan-18 21:15:31
Print Post

Can i just ask,did you get your clothing sent to you,as last year they sent our by courier as a trial but they werent sure if they were keeping it that way.The uniform is changing this year anyway so you might have got new stuff as we cant order any new until it comes out so the clothing website has been suspended.
Pages in this thread: << 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | [164] | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to