General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | [165] | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lincsboy1979
(member) Mon 08-Jan-18 21:53:23
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: JazzieJamJay] [link to this post]

when did you go live??
Standard User Ryt2197
(newbie) Mon 08-Jan-18 21:57:14
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

So grateful for all your posts ! Helped me out so much!i join as a finre jointer and travel up to yarnfield on subday to start on 15th Jan! Cant wait now.

i was just wondering, how difficult EUSR and road works tests are?

Also i dont think i will be getting van friday (based on what ive read on here)as doing fibre jointing. They only sent me a single ticket ! So guess it may be a car or coach home if van not ready!

Not sure if after 1st week i will be local or not a sheard there is a fibre training fscility in southampton near me but guess i will wait and see !
Standard User Jbs89
(newbie) Mon 08-Jan-18 22:59:39
Print Post

[re: Ryt2197] [link to this post]

Awesome guys. Thanks a lot for all the tips. Congrats to everyone who's made it through and starting soon!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zs1990
(newbie) Tue 09-Jan-18 00:28:58
Print Post

[re: PUNKTB] [link to this post]

No, I haven't heard anything yet. They did say one week before the start date so we have another week I guess.
Standard User eckiedoo
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 09-Jan-18 07:01:01
Print Post

Regarding Colour Blindness, I remember doing it several times during my 1957 National Service Preliminary Medical in my home town.

The particular Doctor kept being called away for no obvious reason; and on his return, had forgotten how far through it had progressed - so starting "at the very beginning" to the extent that I had memorised much of it.

Interestingly, I don't remember doing any similar tests when I started my Electronics Engineering Apprenticeship, in 1952.

Fortunately, no problems on that aspect.
Standard User Connorphelan
(newbie) Tue 09-Jan-18 07:53:54
Print Post

[re: MrSpud] [link to this post]

Hi folks looking for some advice really, I have a 2 man digging gang looking for work on the Openreach civils contract Iv gone through the application process however that is for myself Iím looking to contact a recruitment officer at bt directly to see about getting an application as a 2 man gang. Can anyone point me in the right direction? An email address or something would be great

Thanks
(member) Tue 09-Jan-18 14:44:39
Print Post

[re: Connorphelan] [link to this post]

Cant help you with a contact but all our digging used to be done by subbys but now replaced with lads on the books due to letdowns and cost so it is something they are looking to roll out nationwide i believe so will deffo be hiring so if you have applied i would just wait till someone contacts you its quite hard to pinpoint an exact point of contact for HR
Standard User Jem8472
(learned) Tue 09-Jan-18 14:44:53
Print Post

[re: eckiedoo] [link to this post]

I am back here again.

I applied last year and got rejected at the assessment center. A couple of things were picked on from the interviews.

I have just passed my online video interview and I am waiting for an assessment day.

Can anyone offer some advice regarding the interviews?
They didn't seem to like my answer for dealing with change and showing a passion for learning.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(member) Tue 09-Jan-18 14:53:23
Print Post

[re: Ryt2197] [link to this post]

Very small intake of fibre jointers so they must need one in your area.They didnt get there vans as i believe they are more tailored so the lads in my intake got hire cars for first couple of weeks at Yarnfield,i believe there are more fibre schools and there is one in southampton,u might be lucky after yarnfield.EUSR a piece if [censored] just so [censored] boring,a whole day and 50 questions at end but if you work with the tutor he will see you through it.

Roadworks the same,not hard and actually quite pointless as we dont do any traffic management as its all contracted out and no one carries traffic lights but i have heard this may change due to cost,we will see.Its another qualification anyway.

What i will say is in all the courses try to work as a group and dont [censored] about and you will find it easier and less boring the tutors will keep you there the absolute maximum time if you mess about.

Good luck,the training is boring at times and easy to switch off but neccessary to tick boxes,whether you find it all applicable when you get in the field is another matter!!!
Standard User Connorphelan
(newbie) Tue 09-Jan-18 14:58:37
Print Post

Thanks for your reply buddy, Yes Iv heard their taking it in house now a couple of my previous colleagues are there now been told itís looking good on their. Like I say Iím looking to apply for a 2 man gang as the both of us are wanting to job up we have all relevant tickets even though Iv heard they put you through their in house courses. If anyone has a contact email address for recruitment or any agent on the civils side that would be great. We are looking to get into the nottingham depot.

Cheers
Pages in this thread: << 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | [165] | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | 172 | 173 | 174 | 175 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to