General Discussion
  >> Jobs and Training

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Wed 03-May-17 20:48:25
Print Post

Re: Openreach recruitment 8

[re: Nrfk24] [link to this post]

Yeah that was exactly it point out pairs of wires in specified colours. I actually got one of mine wrong but fortunately realised and corrected my error.
Standard User martthefart1111
(newbie) Wed 03-May-17 20:57:10
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Thanks for all the advice really helped I did mention that iam passionate about broadband and fixing problems in the email it said if there other roles that be considered for I will update soon as here
Standard User Firsttwodie
(member) Wed 03-May-17 21:13:53
Print Post

[re: BothLegsDis] [link to this post]

You get mangers details when the checks are done got mine Thursday of last week my start date is 15th still haven't heard from them ref travel arrangements!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lincsboy1979
(newbie) Wed 03-May-17 21:19:15
Print Post

[re: mckeo5514] [link to this post]

Me too mate,i wear a harness every day and there is a SWL on it but people who wear it arent allways in that,its a limit so if it went snap and you was over the limit you would be liable,they are rigorously tested to way more than there limit,im hoping its just an insurance thing and they shouldnt weigh you its just advisory like anything else thats used for lifting or carrying something.Im waiting for someone to put on about the pole training as no one seems to have done it yet on here.
Standard User Kirky89
(regular) Wed 03-May-17 21:23:06
Print Post

[re: Firsttwodie] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Firsttwodie:
You get mangers details when the checks are done got mine Thursday of last week my start date is 15th still haven't heard from them ref travel arrangements!

I'm starting 15th and haven't had any travel arrangements yet so I wouldn't sweat it. Sure they'll get round to us in time
Standard User lincsboy1979
(newbie) Wed 03-May-17 21:23:06
Print Post

[re: Firsttwodie] [link to this post]

i start 15th aswell,not heard anything from manager of where i will be based,but my mate who starts on 8th got an email with his managers details and his 12 week training matrix exactly a week before so he got his last friday because of the bank holiday so we should get it all next monday.He got a phone call regarding his travel arrangements as he has to stay in hotel and getting a hire car as theres someone in same village but all managers details were emailed.
Standard User Gav_89
(newbie) Wed 03-May-17 22:54:01
Print Post

[re: lincsboy1979] [link to this post]

Hey all, been lurking in the shadows watching this forum for a couple of months now! - been a great help and great to get an insight from those in the same boat and those recently started. I too start on 15th may (Assessment 4th April in Norwich) I got managers details and confirmation of first checks passed a couple of weeks ago now, no further info regarding training etc since then, but I'm not too worried yet. - Looking forward to getting started!!

Edited by Gav_89 (Wed 03-May-17 23:19:01)

Standard User allbro75
(newbie) Wed 03-May-17 23:49:52
Print Post

[re: Gav_89] [link to this post]

Quite a few of us on here starting on the 15th, just wonder how many they start at a time?

I've filled out and sent in everything they've asked and still waiting on my DS coming back but still haven't heard anything about travel, accomidation or are I'll be working. Not too concerned as they've been really organised so far with the recruitment process.

Congratulations to everyone on getting the job and look forward to meeting you all on the 15th.
Standard User Bons
(newbie) Thu 04-May-17 12:00:14
Print Post

[re: allbro75] [link to this post]

Disclosure Scotland sent off today now just the 4 week waiting game. Getting excited now though.
Standard User ShavedApe
(regular) Thu 04-May-17 12:09:44
Print Post

[re: Bons] [link to this post]

I have three weeks and they just today starting to ask for references, when I gave my references being self employed for a number of years prior to my current job I have no one to supply references for so i told them that and supplied a character reference.
He called me to say they were asking him when I worked for him....

A little worrying since I made it clear he was a character reference. I contacted someone at the new hire team and asked them to make sure the person looking for references is aware of it and he has now done that.

First they don't contact me then they mess with my head asking people the wrong questions lol do they not realise how stressful the waiting game is?
Pages in this thread: << 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to